Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert: Russian

Options
  • 13-01-2011 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

Does anyone know what textbooks are used for the Leaving Cert Russian syllabus?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

This'll probably be too late but quite frankly there are no textbooks.. Demand isn't high enough...

The exams is pretty simple if you're Russian though, learn to read and write and you'll walk it.

Odachi Bratok

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It is an exam that is meant for people who have learned Russian as a foreign language, not aimed at native speakers. That's why it is a lower standard than, say, the Polish or Latvian exams, which are aimed at native speakers.

I don't know of any schools teaching it currently, but you could contact the Russian and Slavonic department in Trinity, they are bound to have someone who will know what books are appropriate.

*edit* just saw this is a thread resurrection, sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 an17

Did my russian pre- it was the easiest exam I ever had. Fingers crossed for A
    Well, it my native lang.
    Dunno about the latvian though, very hard exam even for the natives.
    There is some good stuff on the Internet for russian, just type something like russian grammar in google nd you will e sorted.

Advertisement