Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom NGB Rochestown

• 13-01-2011 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Last week signed up for Eircoms 8mb NGB Regular bundle, i live in an apartment (Estuary Court, Havisham House area)... the apartment didn't have a phone line connection before although the line work was in place... two days ago - the technican came and hooked me up to the exchange... called back eircom to make sure the order for broadband had gone through but they say now that the line is only capable of receiveing 1mb!!!!!!!!!!! what a crock of s**t... dunno what to do now, am i legeally required to keep this line for 6months?

Is a 1mb line any good? I have such crap reception on 02 dongle...have tried all the other mobile broadbands and they're all crap (meteor/vodafone/three).. i presume having constant 1mb would be better than poorer coverage with the dongles?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

It's probably because the line hasn't been properly tested yet. The system has no test result and is defaulting to a "may be suitable" result.

You should call eircom and ask them to test your line properly as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭jom1133

cheers boy, i've just ordered an Apple TV so hoping that the line is capable for streaming movie - i know prob not HD movies but SD is fine by me...

Farily sick of those dumbos in eircom keep giving different info/hanging up all the time.. called again and the girl said its only suitable for 1mb and that's not a given - its a 50 50 chance...one told me that even though i signed up online for a broadband bundle, if the line doesn't pass test i'm still stuck with a 6 month line contract!!!!! Not gonna happen... they really need to get their act together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Have you received your modem/router yet?

Could check the line stats

Advertisement