Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zavvi items havent arrived

Options
  • 13-01-2011 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My experience here is specifically with Zavvi but I guess its a more general question of what are my rights when ordering online, from abroad.

Ordered about 8 items from zavvi on December 1st.
    3 of these items arrived by December 24th, the other 5, although all despatched by december 5th still have not arrived.

zavvis website says to wait up to 10 days before contacting them about non-delivery. I did this initially and it took them 5 days to respond. Their response was that I needed to wait 30 days before they could deal with refunding nondelivered items.

After 30 or so days I contacted them again (1 week ago) and they still have not responded.

My question is, their very poor customer service aside, what are my rights here? I understand consumer rights when buying in Ireland or even from an online Irish company, but these guys are apparently based in Guernsey. Are my rights different as a result?

I suppose I have no way of proving that the items didnt arrive, but I do find it suspicious that 5 out of 8 items never arrived. To me its as if they werent actually despatched in the first place. but of course thats just a guess.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Hi,

My experience here is specifically with Zavvi but I guess its a more general question of what are my rights when ordering online, from abroad.

Ordered about 8 items from zavvi on December 1st.
    3 of these items arrived by December 24th, the other 5, although all despatched by december 5th still have not arrived.

zavvis website says to wait up to 10 days before contacting them about non-delivery. I did this initially and it took them 5 days to respond. Their response was that I needed to wait 30 days before they could deal with refunding nondelivered items.

After 30 or so days I contacted them again (1 week ago) and they still have not responded.

My question is, their very poor customer service aside, what are my rights here? I understand consumer rights when buying in Ireland or even from an online Irish company, but these guys are apparently based in Guernsey. Are my rights different as a result?

I suppose I have no way of proving that the items didnt arrive, but I do find it suspicious that 5 out of 8 items never arrived. To me its as if they werent actually despatched in the first place. but of course thats just a guess.

just a thought here, but could be way off

if you did a credit card chargeback, it might work similar to a paypal claim? as in they can't prove that the 5 items were delivered because they werent sent by registered post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

just a thought here, but could be way off

if you did a credit card chargeback, it might work similar to a paypal claim? as in they can't prove that the 5 items were delivered because they werent sent by registered post

i actually told them in another email today that I will e doing a chargeback if they dont respond. Problem is though I did get 3 of the items so I dont want to do a chargeback for everything, but I believe a chargeback can only be done on the entire transaction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

but I believe a chargeback can only be done on the entire transaction

I think the bank can split it, all you do is tell them how much of your order hasn't arrived. You may not be able to do a charge back yet anyway, as there's normally a period you must wait (could be more than 30 days).

Irish and EU law will not help you, but Zavvi should have a refund policy for missing items. It just might take a while to get them to respond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

jor el wrote: »
    I think the bank can split it, all you do is tell them how much of your order hasn't arrived. You may not be able to do a charge back yet anyway, as there's normally a period you must wait (could be more than 30 days).

Irish and EU law will not help you, but Zavvi should have a refund policy for missing items. It just might take a while to get them to respond.

Thanks. I'll give them another few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Without butting in too much, I returned a scratched game to them last January and they replaced it very sharpish (as sharp as you can from where they are).

I appreciate the OP's situation is more complciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement