Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Valet for inside of car Galway city

• 13-01-2011 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi,
    So, my car smells like something died and went to smell hell! :(

I have fabreezed (sp) to my hearts content but it doesn’t help. I am not sure about cleaning the car myself as I can’t dry it and don’t want to it to get damp.
    I was wondering where in the city centre cleans the inside of the car.
    If anyone has any tips on cleaning car seats and drying them out in this weather that would be great!
    Thanks a mill.
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

Liosban Industrial Estate Car Wash & Valet services, full & half etc,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

There is one in Hynes Yard car-park on Merchant's Road. There used to be one in the car-park of the building where M&S is, not sure if it's still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Hi,
    Thanks for that. Just googled and can't seem to find a number...will keep trying!

Found them!

eek! 100 euros for an inside clean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Crystal Clear on Headford Road.

Search the Motors forum for valeting and detailing, tons of advice how to get your car back to its former glory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Fey!

I've used Crystal Clean several times, and they do an excellent job. And they stand over their work; if you're not happy, they're not happy.

I got them to valet the Hilux after I bought it because of a really bad damp smell. It took a couple of tried to get rid of it completely, but they did it.

I used their spot in Woodquay. If you go in, look for Darren.

Thanks for those.

Just back from a cross country drive and the smell is just not good! Pity you can't pay the boy scouts like the good old days :)

Will be checking the suggestions out tomorrow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

Fey! wrote: »
    I've used Crystal Clean several times, and they do an excellent job. And they stand over their work; if you're not happy, they're not happy.

I got them to valet the Hilux after I bought it because of a really bad damp smell. It took a couple of tried to get rid of it completely, but they did it.

I used their spot in Woodquay. If you go in, look for Darren.

noooooooooooooooooooooo!

once before i gave my car to crystal clean to have the seats cleaned, they gave the car back with the interior literally drenched! a little damp is understandable after washing them i know, but it was soaked so by the time they dried they were full of watermarks and basically as bad as before i had brought the car to them!

i said it to the guy who worked there, who kindly offered me a plastic bag to sit on, then charged me 100 odd quid for the privilege of doing so.

on another occasion (everybody deserves a second chance) i gave them my car, and whatever detergent they used to wash it seemed to etch or burn the paint, the whole car was destroyed with spots, and again i was charged over 100 quid for the privilege.

i went up the lovely foreign nationals who were working there, showed them the damage and expressed how cross i was over the whole thing, at which point i got the whole 'me no english, me no understand' bollocks. funny as he understood english when he was taking my car, offering me the more expensive valet and taking the money. he underlined a little disclaimer and a helpline on the back of the receipt for me.

i rang the number, spend a long time being bounced from pillar to post, and the end result on crystal cleans part was basically 'prove it'. which naturally is near impossible.

i took the car home, washed it, clayed, machine polished etc myself and it removed a lot of the damage though in some areas its still visible.

i wouldn't recommend crystal clean to my worst enemy and since the above occasion i like to take every opportunity to give them the bad name they have earned in my eyes

(disclaimer, i have NO problem whatsoever with foreign workers or any of the likes of that, but you simply MUST have enough english to cope with your role, otherwise you should not have been hired, as then you just come across as ignorant)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

andyseadog wrote: »
    i took the car home, washed it, clayed, machine polished etc myself and it removed a lot of the damage though in some areas its still visible.

I'd take a look at this if you want to sort it out. I'd be assuming they've used TFR that's mixed too strongly and/or left it on too long. It should be salvageable.

It's all about volume to these places. They use really strong chemicals so they can clean really fast. This absolutely destroys the paintwork (especially on modern cars) and leads to dulling / dry lacquer etc.

But hey, they keep me in a job :)

hmmmm.
    Ok, so maybe will check out Hynes for now..
    Think I will do a search to see how to clean it myself!

Thanks.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Two suggestions:
    * Get that hoover powder people use on the rugs and sprinkle freely on the carpets etc inside car, leave overnight and then hoover it up.
    * If you can find source of smell - get some Four Paws odour remover from a pet shop. This stuff will break down animal wee so should be able to neutralise most things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement