Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

confused21 wrote: »
    As I said I'm not proud of what my boyfriend had to do but we weren't taking a hit!
    But the rest of us should take the hit for you instead in the form of higher prices to cover the cost of this kind of this kind of behaviour? I think your attitude is sickeningly selfish.
    Oh and for the little dig you gave me about affording to go skiing...that is none of your business. I have worked long and hard and had been saving for months for the trip. It was hard work that's why I can't afford to just throw €70 away. I'm not in a high end job that I can afford to throw money away. I say very few people are!
    Can't afford to throw €70 away but can afford to go skiiing. If you were really as worried about cash flow as you say you would be careful about getting the size right when buying something and keeping receipts safe.
    OP - it might not be that hard for someone from Lidl head office to come across your post and track down the 'damaged' ski suit in their returns, you could land that manager in some trouble with your post. I'd seriously consider editing it
    Editing now will be shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted. I've already copied the whole thread and emailed it to Lidl head office. If the whole story isn't just a wind up then it shouldn't be too difficult to identify the manager in question. I'm sure it won't get him fired but it should put him under the spotlight. As for the OP I guess we'll have to hope karma deals with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

I've already copied the whole thread and emailed it to Lidl head office.

WHY ?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

dh0661 wrote: »
    WHY ?

Because it's theft, and because...
    But the rest of us should take the hit for you instead in the form of higher prices to cover the cost of this kind of this kind of behaviour? I think your attitude is sickeningly selfish.
    He definitely bought them in Lidl with his credit card. I don't know when they started allowing credit cards! I always use my laser there!.
    That's impossible, it must have been a Debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭lost marbles

story of the ski gear has to be a lie .too many holes in it [pardon the pun ]to be true .
    credit card,,,,,,,,,, lidl dont do .how many told her .
    manager risking job ............... from what i hear about the head office in lidl , i dont think so .good job good conditions but f##k up and its bye bye .
    op id ask the boyfriend some questions ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Taking a stanley knife to any clothing is going to be pretty damn obvious, that the OP did (if they even did it) was very very dodgy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I used to work for LIDL, and if they trace the manager, THEY WILL sack him for suggesting if the clothing was slashed he could give a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I am shocked that
    (a) the manager suggested it
    and
    (b) you actually did it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

amdublin wrote: »
    I am shocked that
    (a) the manager suggested it
    and
    (b) you actually did it

If its not a troll.

Lidl say one thing about customer service and then do another.

Manager are not allowed to do certain things but if someone complains to HO they are as nice as pie.

Not gonna say anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

a troll, methinks, and not a very good one. 4/10, tops.:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    a troll, methinks, and not a very good one. 4/10, tops.:o:o:o

@mrsbyrne If you have a problem with a post, then please use the Report Post functionality. Do not add superfluous posts to the thread.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

Its a troll.

By reading the first post it seems as though she has tried the clothes on as they are much too big.This then reverts to "we never opened the package".
    Then the credit card story falls over and is never explained.

Complete BS all round.

/If it is true its even worse and you have just admitted theft/fraud.

Advertisement