Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merseyside Derby

• 13-01-2011 12:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

Liverpool-crest.jpg

vs

everton-crest.jpg

Liverpool vs Everton. The Merseyside derby. Not El Clasico.

Lets discuss the game and not get dragged into the shít like a certain welcher wants to do. Lets use this thread to post sensible posts and lets hope Dalglish gets a win under his belt. :D

Teams, what i'd like to see

Liverpool;

Pep
    Kelly--Skrtel--Agger---Aurelio
    Lucas----Meiriles
    Johnson--Babel
    Maxi
    Torres

Everton;

Howard

Coleman----Distin
    Jagielka--Baines

Piennear
    Arteta
    Neville

Fellaini

Beckford----Saha

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its only Thursday, can we stop this early posting malarkey. 24 hours is enough pre-match chit chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

COOL. I love a big build up to a game.

Pool will need to up their performance to get anything from this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I think Everton may win this one. Liverpool are just not up to it of late. Kenny will need some time to alter how the team works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

mike65 wrote: »
    Its only Thursday, can we stop this early posting malarkey. 24 hours is enough pre-match chit chat.

To be fair, you don't have to post in the thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

No, no Mike this where all the plebs of the forum reside, or as you prefer them to be called Numpties.

We'll carry on regardless and hopefully not interfere with your routine.

Sure its only one of the biggest game of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Wow, people cannot be excited for a game of Football and have in in-depth discussion about it because it's not the day before the match, just wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

If you're up there Superman, please let Howard Webb be the ref.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Xavi6 wrote: »

He's reffing Sunderland v Newcastle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The less said about that other thread the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

2-0 liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

If you're up there Superman Prime, stop Superman. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Everton;

Howard

Coleman----Distin
    Jagielka--Baines

Piennear
    Arteta
    Neville

Fellaini

Yakubu----Saha

Uh...

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Sport/Football/5663066-147/yakubu_joins_leicester_city_on_loan.csp

mars bar wrote: »

*Quickly substitutes Beckford for Yakubu to avoid further embarrassment!!*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

baz2009 wrote: »
    He's reffing Sunderland v Newcastle.

Bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

That_Guy wrote: »
    Bollocks.

You're called United, you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Thank God this thread was made.

Should be a good game.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Bollocks.
    You're called United, you'll be fine.

Just wear red jerseys and ye'll be grand.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Can see this being a relatively comfortable win for Everton. Cant believe they are 3-1 for this and 7-4, Draw no Bet. Liverpool are in tatters with an average squad. 2-0 Everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Warper wrote: »
    Can see this being a relatively comfortable win for Everton. Cant believe they are 3-1 for this and 7-4, Draw no Bet. Liverpool are in tatters with an average squad. 2-0 Everton.
    7-4 DNB?

I'll be having some of that, cheers Warper ;)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Should be a cracking atmosphere. Missing a few key players and I worry that the extra game in midweek will be evident in our legs. Going to go for a home win all the same, the team will be fired up and see this as a chance for a fresh start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

R_H_C_P wrote: »

meh, the humour has long gone from this site.

might as well give out RVN long face masks every day.

If Everton play 2 (two) up front Everton will win, else if Moyes does his usual defensive crap then Liverpool will have the edge.

Liverpool have no confidence going into this, if they were on fire then playing defensive would be fine.

:)

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    7-4 DNB?

I'll be having some of that, cheers Warper ;)!

4/1 a few days ago...:pac:

Liverpool-crest.jpg

vs

everton-crest.jpg

Liverpool vs Everton. The Merseyside derby. Not El Clasico.

Lets discuss the game and not get dragged into the shít like a certain welcher wants to do. Lets use this thread to post sensible posts and lets hope Dalglish gets a win under his belt. :D

Teams, what i'd like to see

Liverpool;

Pep
    Kelly--Skrtel--Agger---Aurelio
    Lucas----Meiriles
    Johnson--Babel
    Maxi
    Torres

Everton;

Howard

Coleman----Distin
    Jagielka--Baines

Piennear
    Arteta
    Neville

Fellaini

Beckford----Saha

the same Everton team I mentioned so, note...
    Yak is no more. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If Everton play 2 (two) up from Everton will win

ah yes, 'will' win.

if it's so obvious, you'd think Moyes would think of it :cool:

i'll still genuinely be hugely surprised if Everton win this game.

they're no great shakes either, and traditionally, recently, this isn't a fixture they win.

a lot's made of Liverpool's plight, and rightfully so, but it's not like Everton are setting the world alight either.

plus Arteta is a shadow of his former self.

we've no Gerrard, Everton have no Cahill, who always is the one to fúck us over.

and Beckford is no Cahill.

2-1 Liverpool.

Its the same team that took to the field against Spurs bar Baines in for Heitinga.

Go back into your little box like a good lad. We don't like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

No way Everton win now, purely because x said they would.:pac:

Cahill is too big a loss to them. Liverpool were shocking last night, but Everton have been very inconsistent as well. You would imagine Dalglish will at least have Liverpool fired up and I expect them to win here.

flahavaj wrote: »
    No way Everton win now, purely because x said they would.:pac:

Cahill is too big a loss to them. Liverpool were shocking last night, but Everton have been very inconsistent as well. You would imagine Dalglish will at least have Liverpool fired up and I expect them to win here.

A hat trick for Saha should do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I don't think Everton (in recent memory) have such a good chance of turning over Liverpool at Anfield. You would wonder what effect an Everton win, giving Daglish 3 loses out of 3, would have on morale at LFC.

Watching the end of the game last night, if Liverpool were 2-1 down against someone like Blackpool (although they've been outstanding this season), you'd expect Blackpool to be under siege, defending for their lives, and that was far from the reality.

If Liverpool can't put in a decent showing against their local rivals, at home, fans 100% behind players and manager then.... :eek:

I'd say 1-0 Liverpool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Kess73 wrote: »
    If you're up there Superman Prime, stop Superman. ;)

that dick! i read comics too. he actually punched someones head off

oh, liverpool are fantastic and will win 2 - 0 cos we're great.
    also - tim cahill has the most punchable face ever (hint hint superman prime)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Perfect Sunday would be Villa, Everton, Munster, Spurs, Barca rounded off by the Patriots on Sunday night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

The Muppet wrote: »
    A hat trick for Saha should do it.

When's the last time that happened?

Evertons strikers couldn't score in a brothel at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Ush1 wrote: »
    Evertons strikers couldn't score in a brothel at the moment.

:confused: Saha's scored in each of his last two games, great goal against Spurs too. Beckford got one at the weekend. Saha's defo due an injury though, think he's started the last 3 in a row

Liverpool are awful, Everton have better players than them at the moment and certainly better team morale and spirit

we might not have scored many goals as we deserved but we have been creating chances and generally playing some good stuff, against the top 6 our record is as good as any team.

If we were losing to a team like Blackpool where we would be expected to win you can be sure we would be camped in the Blackpool half for the last 5 or 10 minutes of the game.... The fact that Livepool looked like the lesser team sums them up now.

• Advertisement

tommyhaas wrote: »
    :confused: Saha's scored in each of his last two games, great goal against Spurs too. Beckford got one at the weekend. Saha's defo due an injury though, think he's started the last 3 in a row

I stand corrected.....said the man with the orthapedic shoes.

Their slow start to the season has defo been lack of goals though. Beckfords scored a few late ones when he's came on but never celebrates them really.

Their slow start to the season has defo been lack of goals though. Beckfords scored a few late ones when he's came on but never celebrates them really.

Moyes was playing 1 upfront more earlier in the season so that would explain the lack of goals. Will be interested to see how he lines up at the weekend, if Liverpool are going to put Torres up on his own, could see Moyes doing something similar so as not to get over run in midfield, though on the basis of last nights match, that shouldnt be an issue

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Moyes was playing 1 upfront more earlier in the season so that would explain the lack of goals. Will be interested to see how he lines up at the weekend, if Liverpool are going to put Torres up on his own, could see Moyes doing something similar so as not to get over run in midfield, though on the basis of last nights match, that shouldnt be an issue

Thought they only had one up front against City aswell?

Thought they only had one up front against City aswell?

didnt see that match but they were away so would make sense. Be interesting to see how they line up at Anfield, they were great v Spurs with 2 up but again, that was at Goodison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Liverpool will win this one.
    1-0.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Really looking forward to this one. Nice easy start for KK - away to ManU away to B'pool and home to Everton.
    This has all the ingredients for to be a cracker. Again, any kind of a win would be gratefully welcomed. If we start with the same 11 as last night we will lose. Poulsen and Jova have to go. Aurelio and kelly in the corners and possibly Johnson on the right with Maxi on the left. Meireles needs to up his game more. he is far more capable than the last few games would suggest. Himself and Lucas ( who I thought covered a huge amount of ground last night) can work well together.
    If we press high up the field Torres will score. Balls over the top should not really trouble us if saha is up there.
    Would love to be over at this one - few of the buddies are going - could really kickstart Kenny's time as manager. He hasn't ( or Clarke for that matter) had much time with the squad given the 3 matches in his first week, but in 2 or 3 weeks time I really think we will see their work bear fruit, only time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Coleman will leave the L'pool left back a gibbering wreck, hopefully.

Did Johnson play left back last night?

never celebrates them... lol

i assume you mean his fa cup goal? he played for that team before so he was giving them respect

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

J. Marston wrote: »
    Coleman will leave the L'pool left back a gibbering wreck, hopefully.

Did Johnson play left back last night?

yeah but I would expect aurelio to be there on sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Everton will line out something like this

Howard

Baines
    Heitinga
    Distin
    Neville

Pienaar
    Arteta
    Fellaini
    Coleman

Beckford
    Saha

Jagielka will be fit but given Heitinga and Distin's last performance I wouldn't expect him to start. I never feel confident going to Anfield given our horrid record there but we'll never have a better chance to beat them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Liverpool to win two nil. Cahill is too big a miss for them.

This is exactly the kind of match we need right now. Perfect timing. Nothing like a good derby win to get the Dalglish era finally under way!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

monkey9 wrote: »
    Liverpool to win two nil. Cahill is too big a miss for them.

This is exactly the kind of match we need right now. Perfect timing. Nothing like a good derby win to get the Dalglish era finally under way!!!
    Gerrard is a massive miss for Liverpool. We've just beaten Spurs and scored 5 goals in a potentially tricky tough cup tie without Cahill

Liverpool are crap...

Everton should give them zero respect, if they show them too much respect then its not good. Liverpool are just shocking... that is all

They have no team spirit, managerial mayhem, no gerrard, no goals, torres as useful as a toilet duck, kuyt gone awol...

Liverpool are still a huge team, and all that but right now they are a mess.

As for no Cahill, Everton can play without him, now players like fellaini will see more of the ball. And Arteta and Baines can always whip in some nice ones. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Liverpool are crap...

Everton should give them zero respect, if they show them too much respect then its not good. Liverpool are just shocking... that is all

They have no team spirit, managerial mayhem, no gerrard, no goals, torres as useful as a toilet duck, kuyt gone awol...

As for no Cahill, Everton can play without him, now players like fellaini will see more of the ball. And Arteta and Baines can always whip in some nice ones. :)

You're setting yourself up for an epic fall.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

:)

In other words they are a big club not a top club;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement