Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merseyside Derby

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

Liverpool are still a poor side, the penalty was dubious to say the least.

Everton had most of the ball in the second half, but were useless in the first half.

A score draw probably a fair result in the end. Nice messi-esque footwork by osman leading to becks goal

Did you see a replay of it? Just wondering as I thought it was a clear cut penalty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Everton had most of the ball in the second half, but were useless in the first half.

A score draw probably a fair result in the end. Nice messi-esque footwork by osman leading to becks goal

What angle did you see it from - the 'I closed my eyes angle'?

Defo spotter

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Clear penalty tbh.

And stop contradiction yourself. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Skrtel and Soto = relegation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

LOL.

We can't defend to save our lives though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Keno 92 wrote: »
    :)

Na if I saw someone made the same comment about my team I would be ready for a major keyboard battle! But I'm allowed to do it....because..because I'm a hypocrite! :P

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIUgxUoiJn1fTGIHLop-_4Qm-hD1EB-kU2EcJJIU2CuK-J2NCYQg

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭GymJim

My thoughts...good game from Kuyt, Kelly, Torres. Spearing and Lucas ran themselves into the ground so can't fault them. Johnson did well but he's no LB. Meireles was improved but still pissing me off by pulling out of pretty much everything. Shelvey had some nice touches when he came on.

Skrtel and Soto are out of their depth completely however. Maxi has and never will have any end product.

Overall a step forward but has made me realize that a new centre-half and left winger should be the first port of call. That was a very average Everton strikeforce!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

football really is a game of two halves we only have ourselves to blame for not picking up the 3 points. agger going off was the turning point in the game he was having a quality game. very impressed by kelly and spearing today. all we need is to sort out the defence and maybe add 1 or 2 attacking players and we will be fine. heard ste warnock could be returning hes a solid left back and we could then push johnson onto the wings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

mars bar wrote: »
    As blatant a corner you'll ever see!

How did the ref not see that?!

Well he saw the one that Everton scored from and that was not a corner, perhaps he was trying to make up for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Lol at posters getting wound up by X in the city.:rolleyes:

We have got to keep things in perspective and remember some of our performances so far this season and how we felt about them.

Yes it is disappointing we didn't win, but honestly, the performance in the first half was the best I have seen from a Liverpool side for some time which is hugely encouraging.

The second half we were caught napping, our concentration had slipped in the half time break and we suffered the consequences for it, as well as the fact that Soto was an unplanned substitution.

Torres was well and truly up for it which is so good to see. He was running for the ball, attacking and trying all the time and the signs are there now that the Torres of old is steadily coming back.

Our style of football is vastly better than it has been and that can only be put down to the arrival of Kenny as Manager. I find it annoying as Hell to think of what we could have acheived had he been appointed in the Summer, but that's by the by.

Our defence is obviously in need of work, and our squad needs boosting generally. Hopefully that will be discussed between JWH and Kenny over the next few days.

Overall, allthough the result was disappointing for KD and everyone, I think there are a lot of positives to be taken from the game, and it's another small step in the right direction.

It didn't take just a few games for us to lose our form, and it wont take just a few games for us to get it back, but all the signs are there that we are on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Everton will finish above Pool...:p

In recent years Moyes has narrowed the gap so there is little to chose from the teams now.

Was a nice fiesty game, and it retrospective it probably was a peno, bad timing by howard... maybe his eyes were twitching just at that moment

Anichebe should have had a foul near the box in the first half and Coleman had a corner that was obvious to everyone.

Everton will finish above Pool...:p

In recent years Moyes has narrowed the gap so there is little to chose from the teams now.

Was a nice fiesty game, and it retrospective it probably was a peno, bad timing by howard... maybe his eyes were twitching just at that moment

Anichebe should have had a foul near the box in the first half and Coleman had a corner that was obvious to everyone.

Moyes has not narrowed the gap, Liverpool have just went backwards. Proof? Everton are in 12th, which is rubbish and Liverpool are 13th, which is a crisis for our club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

For the umpteenth time this season, I can't help but feel we'd have gotten more points from the game if we had a quality centre back. Has to be our priority in the transfer market, our defence is a shambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

As an Everton fan I am disappointed we didnt win the game as Liverpool are a poor side. Obviously the officials were biased towards the home team with some shocking decisions. Torres should have been sent off after first getting booked for a blatant dive and then he handballs but the officials see nothing. 2 points dropped today.

Moyes has not narrowed the gap, Liverpool have just went backwards. Proof? Everton are in 12th, which is rubbish and Liverpool are 13th, which is a crisis for our club.

Liverpool are nearer to getting relegated this season than Everton..

Its not Evertons fault Liverpool are 'going backwards'...:rolleyes:
    Proof that the gap is narrowed..?

Alonso, Mascharano leaving... Torres wont be hanging around much longer id imagine also.

There was always a huge gulf in class between the clubs financially, and wages wise, that cant be argued against.

Players like Skirtel and that greek guy are average at best.

This season there is little to seperate the teams, but Everton have clearly played better football of the two sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The first half was extremely encouraging.

The first 10 minutes of the second half were a summation of our season. You know what though? For the players to turn it around and seize all the momentum again was great to see.

Happy overall. Johnson in particular was a delightful surprise. He handled Coleman with ease.

Alonso, Mascharano leaving... Torres wont be hanging around much longer id imagine also.

There was always a huge gulf in class between the clubs financially, and wages wise, that cant be argued against.

This season there is little to seperate the teams, but Everton have clearly played better football of the two sides.

You have difficulty interpreting league tables I take it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Liverpool only looked amazing in the first half due to Everton letting them play ball. They didn't get up in their faces and just allowed them to knock the ball about easily. Once Everton began to do this in the second half, Liverpool looked their usual selves again, bar Torres, who was a hell of a lot better today than he has been all season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

How is it not going backwards if Liverpool have sold their best players? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

You're deluded. You're falling over your own slobber to gleeful condemn Liverpool's season, when you own club can't even outperform them in their worst season in living memory. You're an absolute embarrassment, if I was a decent Everton fan that posted on here I'd be mortified by your rubbish.

• Advertisement

Liverpool have had 4 managers since Moyes took charge also, what does that say about which team has the momentum and continuity.

Next year Liverpool will be on manager 5 most likely

Liverpool have had 4 managers since Moyes took charge also, what does that say about which team has the momentum and continuity.

What does it say about Everton that they still haven't managed to overtake Liverpool amidts all the turmoil of these 4/5 managerial changes. Many supporters suffer from delusions of grandeur, you my pedigree chum, suffer from delusions of adequacy.

flahavaj wrote: »
    You're deluded. You're falling over your own slobber to gleeful condemn Liverpool's season, when you own club can't even outperform them in their worst season in living memory. You're an absolute embarrassment, if I was a decent Everton fan that posted on here I'd be mortified by your rubbish.

Taking 4 points from 6 does seem to 'outperform' Liverpool in derby games.. :rolleyes:

The season is over in May btw.

Last season was their lowest league finish since 05/06 and they're likely to finish lower this season. I dunno what you think momentum means.

Taking 4 points from 6 does seem to 'outperform' Liverpool in derby games.. :rolleyes:

Then stop mouthing off until May. The truth is that you know well they'll outperform you over 38 games, like they almost invariably do - so you have to take this feeble opportunity to gloat because being 12th to their 13th on goaldifference is as good as it gets for you.

Pathetic.

Oh okay, cool!! So you'll be claiming some great 'victory' if Everton manage to finish a place or two ahead of Liverpool (with a couple of points extra). Your mid table mediocrity is better than our short term banishment to the slums. I get it.

Ye are a fierce small time outfit tbh.

flahavaj wrote: »
    What does it say about Everton that they still haven't managed to overtake Liverpool amidts all the turmoil of these 4/5 managerial changes. Many supporters suffer from delusions of grandeur, you my pedigree chum, suffer from delusions of adequacy.

you sir, have no idea that over the last decade or so Liverpool have had considerable more wealth than Everton

you know, like money, expenditure and capital..

Its also twenty one years since Liverpool won a title, so its not like Liverpool are even a big team anymore.

so you may suffer from delusions of confusion;)

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Oh okay, cool!! So you'll be claiming some great 'victory' if Everton manage to finish a place or two ahead of Liverpool (with a couple of points extra). Your mid table mediocrity is better than our short term banishment to the slums. I get it.

Ye are a fierce small time outfit tbh.

lol, who coined that

good aul rafa, the same season that Pool lost 3 nil. At least Everton have not had idiotic mangers like that

lol, who coined that

good aul rafa, the same season that Pool lost 3 nil. At least Everton have not had idiotic mangers like that

So you're admitting they're a small time outfit. Which means you're agreeing with Rafa.

• Advertisement

you sir, have no idea that over the last decade or so Liverpool have had considerable more wealth than Everton

Its also twenty one years since Liverpool won a title, so its not like Liverpool are even a big team anymore.

I'm well aware of all of that.

But I'm not arguing that, I'm arguing the clear falseness of the ridiculous statements you've been making for quite some time now and how it belies the small time mentality you quite obviously possess.

Its not Liverpools fault your club are a shambles. While Moyes has been in charge, Liverpool have won an FA cup, finished runners up, won the champions league and appeared in another final. Moyes has managed to achieve consistent mediocrity for Everton. Hurrah!

ridiculous statement, but carry on...im enjoying it ;)

Liverpool wont be winning much silverware for a looooong time anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ridiculous statement, but carry on...im enjoying it ;)

LiverpoolEverton wont be winning much silverware for a looooong time anyway.
    FYP;)

Liverpool wont be winning much silverware for a looooong time anyway.

We will all bow to your superior knowledge and experience in such matters.;)

certainly not this year will Livepool win anything, and probably not next year either...

I think the yanks might regret their 'investment' sooner rather than later

• Advertisement

Between the 2 clubs - who won the last silverware?
    HONESTLY - who do you think will win the next one?
    Speaking of Silverware - compare each clubs respective Trophy cabinet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

certainly not this year will Livepool win anything, and probably not next year either...

As Rafa said, you's are just the smaller club. And your posts reflect that small time status.

But thanks for caring!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭SM01

X, Flahavaj's wiping the floor with you. Give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

I don't think they will. They bought a business that generates 200m in revenue every year, for less than 300m.

Once they manage to ship out all the rubbish on high wages, and there's a lot of it, we'll be in a position to spend decently again. When that does happen you'll be left way behind again.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Between the 2 clubs - who won the last silverware?
    HONESTLY - who do you think will win the next one?
    Speaking of Silverware - compare each clubs respective Trophy cabinet!

again, see what I said about expenditure..

Everton cant compete in the trophy league with relying on the chairman to buy players :rolleyes::rolleyes:

And Liverpool cant compete now either also it seems, despite having a second takeover in as many seasons, but whatever you say sir

• Advertisement

I don't think they will. They bought a business that generates 200m in revenue every year, for less than 300m.

Once they manage to ship out all the rubbish on high wages, and there's a lot of it, we'll be in a position to spend decently again. When that does happen you'll be left way behind again.

I like your opimistic outlook

so when Torres leaves to a big club, what does that say about potential new signings, you wont get high calibre players like that again so easily.

and yes, he will leave.

SM01 wrote: »
    X, Flahavaj's wiping the floor with you. Give up!

Give up... you mean the title race is still open for Pool ? :eek:

again, see what I said about expenditure..

Everton cant compete in the trophy league with relying on the chairman to buy players :rolleyes::rolleyes:

And Liverpool cant compete now either also it seems, despite having a second takeover in as many seasons, but whatever you say sir

Expenditure..... oh yeah ye don't have the money to spend - tough!

Ye can't compete in the trophy leahue - I agree;)

we will compete alot sooner than ye - Fact!

so when Torres leaves to a big club, what does that say about potential new signings, you wont get high calibre players like that again so easily.

and yes, he will leave.

You like optimism ? To follow your club it is a pre-requisite!

Torres will leave?????? Everyone does.... don't they?:confused::confused:

Give up... you mean the title race is still open for Pool ? :eek:

As much as it is for Everton;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

and yes, he will leave.

"Big club" - is there a more juvenile saying in the world of football ?

I'm optimistic because we have strong revenues and now have the set up in place to ensure that we don't make the **** ups we made previously. Once we clear out the deadwood clogging up the wage bill things will get exciting.

Torres was a high calibre player when we signed him, he's not physically where he once was and as a result he's scored as many as DJ Campbell and Kevin Davies in the Premier League this season. If someone wants to make a silly offer then it will help speed up our rebuilding. I think the club, and I, will survive if Torres leaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »

does that have anything to do with why part of the Anfield road was closed before the end of the match - the announcer said it was due to a police incident.

So Liverpool are now a small club.

X in the city, you certainly do talk some shít.

Bitters indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

rarnes1 wrote: »
    So Liverpool are now a small club.

X in the city, you certainly do talk some shít.

Bitters indeed.

The fact that he's talked about nothing but Liverpool rather than his own club says it all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement