Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merseyside Derby

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

No one expects Liverpool to win this. As such, I am confident that we will win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

No one expects Liverpool to win this. As such, I am confident that we will win.

In fairness law of averages says ye have to get a win at some stage:rolleyes:

Liverpool are crap...

It's a bad day when even Everton's supporters expectations of Liverpool football club mean that Liverpool are crap going into a game where both clubs are only seperated by goal difference.

You don't need Rafa to dismiss you lot as a small club, you do it yourselves.

BERBA wrote: »
    In fairness law of averages says ye have to get a win at some stage:rolleyes:

Congrats, a good post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

flahavaj wrote: »
    You're setting yourself up for an epic fall.:pac:

probably...:o

In fairness there is nothing good to say about Liverpool, they are just badass... !

In other words they are a big club not a top club;)

Of course they are a big team, Everton are also a big team of course...;);)

anyway, I probably will buy some humble pie tomorrow...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Congrats, a good post.

In fairness it had to happen at some stage ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Liverpool are crap...

Everton should give them zero respect, if they show them too much respect then its not good. Liverpool are just shocking... that is all

They have no team spirit, managerial mayhem, no gerrard, no goals, torres as useful as a toilet duck, kuyt gone awol...

Liverpool are still a huge team, and all that but right now they are a mess.

As for no Cahill, Everton can play without him, now players like fellaini will see more of the ball. And Arteta and Baines can always whip in some nice ones. :)

It's like being back in school again.....and that's not saying you're wrong. :o

Genuinely believe this is the perfect match right now. Rather this than say Wigan or Newcastle etc at home.

Gerrard has been pretty good for us this season, but i think Cahill is a bigger miss for you's than Gerrard is for us.

It'll be no shock whatsoever if Everton win this one. I'm not kidding myself. But i just believe this is the match where Kenny gets his first win.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see. It's a derby afterall!

It's a bad day when even Everton's supporters expectations of Liverpool football club mean that Liverpool are crap going into a game where both clubs are only seperated by goal difference.

You don't need Rafa to dismiss you lot as a small club, you do it yourselves.

you never read what i said earlier obv...:)

goal difference maybe

but a universe of difference in terms of team spirit and overall performances with half the season over or so

If you swapped the kit of blackpool and liverpool the other day, i wonder what team an outsider would consider to be the small club.

and no manager can fix up a mess like that so soon....

• Advertisement

Of course they are a big team, Everton are also a big team of course...;);)

both merseyside teams are big clubs , but we are a top 4 club , feel better now , wanted to get that out :p

and no manager can fix up a mess like that so soon....

Bet 'arry could;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

both merseyside teams are big clubs , but we are a top 4 club , feel better now , wanted to get that out :p

Pool have been a top 4 club for a looooong time, currently we are not but we will certainly be a top 4 club again and I would imagine(hope) for a loooooong time - Spurs meh;)

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Pool have been a top 4 club for a looooong time, currently we are not but we will certainly be a top 4 club again and I would imagine(hope) for a loooooong time - Spurs meh;)

wouldnt think so , not for a very looooooooooooooonnnnnnnnng time to come me thinks

wouldnt think so , not for a very looooooooooooooonnnnnnnnng time to come me thinks;)
    Obligatory FYP;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

29-0 to Everton. Lucas to score 11 o.g's cause he's without a doubt the worst player in the history of the premiership!!! Poulsen gets man of the match cause apparently he's a nice guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Numb títties....:pac::pac::pac:

Kamon the locals

We'll see where you's finish in May. Remember when you told Man City fans back in Decemeber that no trophies are handed out in December?? ":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:"

Well, no Champions League places are handed out in January!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    We'll see where you's finish in May.

were you one of the ones who said the exact same thing this time last year and the rest is history:rolleyes:

i said we are a top 4 club at the minute , never said anything about next may.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

were you one of the ones who said the exact same thing this time last year and the rest is history:rolleyes:

Why do you keep going on about how Spurs made the champions league last year?
    Every thread you just spout the same **** over and over again.

shano_88 wrote: »

take it out on priskin mate:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

shano_88 wrote: »

Let go on about it, then can rub it in when Spurs implode once 'arry finally gets jailed for tax evasion/bribing agents/clocking used cars or what ever it is he finally gets done for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

take it out on priskin mate:p

Another classic.

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Let go on about it, then can rub it in when Spurs implode once 'arry finally gets jailed for tax evasion/bribing agents/clocking used cars or what ever it is he finally gets done for

never implode whilst DL at the helm

Nope, i think you're confusing me with Flah The Man U fan. Who seems to say things to tempt fate.

By the way, when you finish 5th (and you will), will we all storm in saying Harry Out or do we just leave that for the Liverpool thread!!???

tommyhaas wrote: »

hahaha

selling clocked cars

legend

you never read what i said earlier obv...:)

goal difference maybe

but a universe of difference in terms of team spirit and overall performances with half the season over or so.

aye, crap Liverpool with their awful performances and team spirit on identical points with ??????? Everton with their great team spirit and unity..

You keep digging there!

I know which I have bigger hopes for.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Everton-star-Tim-Cahill-has-warned-struggling-rivals-Liverpool-it-is-spirit-they-need-to-turn-their-season-around-not-cash-as-the-clubs-prepare-for-Sundays-Merseyside-derby-article672183.html

might be the mirror, but seems he read my lips:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Liverpool have zero fighting spirit. Kenny Dalglish quit after his last derby game because he had no balls to continue, like most of the squad now...

Everton have been crap in quite a few games, but by and large they have done well, certainly they should be up higher in the table, ask anyone who has watched the games they played.

With no gerrard and no carragher the 12th man is more important than ever sunday for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,684 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

x, you do spout some load of bollix. I do find it funny thou but if pool (i think they will win) win you will never hear the end of it. It will come back to haunt you like that money thing

what load of ballix... i said Liverpool have no guts or team spirit?

a 100% correct observation.

I may be putting my head on the line regarding the win, but unless Everton dont show up, I would be surprised if Liverpool get anything from the game.

They are a team with nothing going for them..! The bookies have shorted the odds from 4/1 to just over 3/1 for an Everton win over the last few days, and its for a reason.

As for Torres, nice goal against Derby...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

This has 0-0 written all over it.

Everton will be happy with a point at Anfield. Big game, They will get plenty of men behind the ball and they are very capable of defending well.

Liverpool will want to win, but at the same time will be happy not to be beaten. They will be afraid of over committing with the fear of conceding.

Of course this is football and I could be totally wrong but it's how I see it at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I may be putting my head on the line regarding the win, but unless Everton dont show up, I would be surprised if Liverpool get anything from the game.

They are a team with nothing going for them..! The bookies have shorted the odds from 4/1 to just over 3/1 for an Everton win over the last few days, and its for a reason.

As for Torres, nice goal against Derby...!

So the only way Liverpool will win is if Everton don't turn up. Right so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Ah the derby the only two days of the season where an everton fan can check his own teams score before checking the Liverpool one

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Everton-star-Tim-Cahill-has-warned-struggling-rivals-Liverpool-it-is-spirit-they-need-to-turn-their-season-around-not-cash-as-the-clubs-prepare-for-Sundays-Merseyside-derby-article672183.html

might be the mirror, but seems he read my lips:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Liverpool have zero fighting spirit. Kenny Dalglish quit after his last derby game because he had no balls to continue, like most of the squad now...

Everton have been crap in quite a few games, but by and large they have done well, certainly they should be up higher in the table, ask anyone who has watched the games they played.

With no gerrard and no carragher the 12th man is more important than ever sunday for Liverpool.

An apt song for the Merseyside derby.

All I hear is welch,
    All I hear is welch
    All I hear is welch, welch, welch is all I hear.

*To the tune All you need is Love by the Beatles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

I don't know how any Liverpool fan can approach this game with anything remotely resembling confidence. It must just be bravado in front of other fans.

I'm dreading the thoughts of this starting line up, if we play team with a load of passengers like Maxi, Lucas, Poulsen and then weaken our defence by playing Johnson at full back I think we can forget about winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

As you always here form goes out the window in Derby day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I always look forward to this match thread, cos I know I'm gonna be reading some of x's gems. Keep on trucking x!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

rarnes1 wrote: »
    *To the tune All you need is Love by the Beatles.

Thank god you put that in....never would've gotten it :pac:

PaulieC wrote: »
    Thank god you put that in....never would've gotten it :pac:

You have to account for everyone in the SF :p

I reckon this will be a draw.

Cahill missing for Everton, Gerrard for Liverpool.

1-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You have to account for everyone in the SF :p

There's some special posters here alright :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I don't know how any Liverpool fan can approach this game with anything remotely resembling confidence. It must just be bravado in front of other fans.

I'm dreading the thoughts of this starting line up, if we play team with a load of passengers like Maxi, Lucas, Poulsen and then weaken our defence by playing Johnson at full back I think we can forget about winning.

Liverpool have being awful this season but yet still on the same points as everton, we are at home, kennys first game, the place will be rocking, what not be confident

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

niallo27 wrote: »
    Liverpool have being awful this season but yet still on the same points as everton, we are at home, kennys first game, the place will be rocking, what not be confident

you are playing muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Plus Gerrard is suspended and Kuyt is exhausted and prob wont be rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

niallo27 wrote: »

At home more pressure on the players from the fans especially considering the fans believe Kenny to be a miracle worker and make under-performing, overrated players improve within a week. And its Kennys second game remember he lost the first one to Blackpool:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Liverpool have the second best home form in the league at the moment, and a great record against Everton.

Edit, link to form table: http://www.premierleague.com/page/FormGuide

• Advertisement

Liverpool have the second best home form in the league at the moment, and a great record against Everton.

alot of negativity lately, nice to read the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

That's bullsh*t.

Man Utd, Man City, Sunderland, Chelsea and Tottenham have all picked up more points at home than Liverpool this season.

Liverpool's home form is equal to Boltons.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/table/default.stm

Where do people pull this **** out of?

Fancy the pool bigtime sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Who has the best?

Scroll up to the top of the table ... :D

Liverpool have the second best home form in the league at the moment,

:confused:

Dont think so

Look at chelsea , spurs , sunderland , bolton , city