Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merseyside Derby

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

BERBA wrote: »
    :confused:

Dont think so

Look at chelsea , spurs , sunderland , bolton , city

Form guide is 6 games, no ? Yet you fail to add United ? I guess wwwwwww isn't good enough for you ? Might be a draw in there somewhere but probably not... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

d22ontour wrote: »
    Form guide is 6 games, no ? Yet you fail to add United ? I guess wwwwwww isn't good enough for you ? Might be a draw in there somewhere but probably not... :pac:

obviously utd are 1st:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

OP mentioned 2nd best home form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Ah right...form.....apologies...still suspect seeing as they lost to Wolves there not so long ago....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I said form, which is last six games. :rolleyes:

I said form, which is last six games. :rolleyes:

whats yere form like in last 6 away games:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

What's your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Is pienaar likely to play if he's in talks with Spurs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

What's Torres record like against Everton? Fancy him for one or two this Sunday.

Fizman wrote: »
    What's Torres record like against Everton? Fancy him for one or two this Sunday.

Class like Torres don't need records...Guys that good only need one chance, i miss Ruud... ;)

Uniteds away form is probably our worst in 20 years but hopefully we get it right this weekend...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

If Torres plays like he did in the 2 nil loss he will be a huge asset to Everton...

As for peanut, Moyes may play him, a swang song for him, he has more than earned his 80grand a week demands, albeit not from paupers Everton.

If he doesnt play him we can bring on Rodwell who is more than able to dismantle the Liverpool team :p

Uniteds away form is probably our worst in 20 years but hopefully we get it right this weekend...

United have played Shoite for most of the season (how many draws...???), the fact that they are ahead of the pack with games in hand doesnt saw much for Chelsea and the gang.

If Man Utd do manage to lose the title it would be amazing..

A sign of a good team is United, playing s|hit and getting results..! and then when they step up a gear they also get results..

all down to that scots man and his winning mentality

all down to that scots man and his winning mentality
    Of course it is this but we have played well in a lot of games too just our away record has put us in a position which may be troublesome eventually.After this tussle on sunday we will have 6 of the top 7 to play over the next 6 weeks and that will make or break us...
    Have we been the best so far ? Some of the performances didn't match the scores but maybe the results....We destroyed Liverpool but let them back into the game...That is a negative as much as Fulham was..We have a chance this season, it's up to us to take it....

Of course it is this but we have played well in a lot of games too just our away record has put us in a position which may be troublesome eventually.After this tussle on sunday we will have 6 of the top 7 to play over the next 6 weeks and that will make or break us...
    Have we been the best so far ? Some of the performances didn't match the scores but maybe the results....We destroyed Liverpool but let them back into the game...That is a negative as much as Fulham was..We have a chance this season, it's up to us to take it....

For United's standard, I would say the season has been sub standard, if Chelsea did not win a game for 2 months or however long they turned rubbish they probably would be way ahead...

anyway, Im just saying that United have a winning mentality, and teams like City dont.. you cant buy that ( something the sheiks dont know)

Anyway, back on topic...:);)

For United's standard, I would say the season has been sub standard, if Chelsea did not win a game for 2 months or however long they turned rubbish they probably would be way ahead...

anyway, Im just saying that United have a winning mentality, and teams like City dont.. you cant buy that ( something the sheiks dont know)

Anyway, back on topic...:);)

u closet utd x?

u closet utd x?

wha,,,>>????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

BERBA and x and the city. There hasn't been a meeting of minds like this since Fr Damo and Dougal played ball together.

2071733374_f49e0d6162.jpg?v=0

flahavaj wrote: »
    BERBA and x and the city. There hasn't been a meeting of minds like this since Fr Damo and Dougal played ball together.

dont give up that day job just yet flah:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

dont give up that day job just yet flah:rolleyes:

Sorry Father.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Three reasons why this statement doesn't matter.

1. It's Berba, who genuinely gives a f*ck.

2. Our away form does not matter in this context as we are home.

3. It's a derby. Who knows what the **** will happen. I think Liverpool will win two nil, but who really knows??!!!

2-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Seeing how confident x in the city is Im sure he is willing to put his money where his mouth is... oh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Thaks Flah, I nearly choked on my toast reading that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Quite tempted now to have a look through the last Everton v Spurs match thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Can't really make a call on the match tomorrow tbh. Two very poor teams at present. I guess if both play to the limit of their ability then Liverpool will scrape it. It's got 1-1 wrote all over it.

• Advertisement

Everton werent very poor vs spurs ..

As long as hibbert is not playing Everton got a chance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Ah Tony Hibbert is a very tidy player. Hard working, local boy done good. I mean he's Everton's longest sering player and in fairness you don't make 210 league appearances for a big club like Everton unless your a good player. Why all the hate for tidy T?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ah Tony Hibbert is a very tidy player. Hard working, local boy done good. I mean he's Everton's longest sering player and in fairness you don't make 210 league appearances for a big club like Everton unless your a good player. Why all the hate for tidy T?

Has he not got a knack for scoring OG's? Or is that Jagielka?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Jagielka isn't it. 2 in the last month I think.

nah, your right.. but in games like this he more than often a liability..:)

for most games he is a hard working, no nonsense defender (who cant cross a ball to save his life), but he has several short comings.

Everton have lots of spirit and thats the main thing, I think Cahill will be watching in his hotel room punching the curtain there if we score...

I would prefer Coleman and Baines as our wing backs, they can both move forward and attack with gusto.

Neville, Piennear, Fellaini and Arteta in the middle and Becks and Saha up front

that would be a pretty serious team for an away derby, under normal circumstances it would be suicide, but considering the state of Liverpool you have got to go for it.!

• Advertisement

Jagielka isn't it. 2 in the last month I think.

He is still a baby compared to Carragher in the OG stakes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I want this team today:

Reina

Kelly
    Skrtel
    Agger
    Aurelio

Lucas
    Meireles

----Johnson---Pacheco
    Babel

Torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

Going to miss this today because I've a match myself :(

Any rumoured line ups out yet? I hope there's no poulsen for all our sakes!

I want this team today:

Reina

Kelly
    Skrtel
    Agger
    Aurelio

Lucas
    Meireles

----Johnson---Pacheco
    Babel

Torres

To ideal pal, it won't happen. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

I want this team today:

Reina

Kelly
    Skrtel
    Agger
    Aurelio

Lucas
    Meireles

----Johnson---Pacheco
    Babel

Torres

Agreed, bar Lucas. I'd nearly play Agger in there and have the Greek in at CB. Or even Spearing. Anything but Lucas at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

is Pacheco rumored to be on the first team for this game ? or is that just a throw back to the goal he scored against their reserves in November.?

JJJJNR wrote: »
    is Pacheco rumored to be on the first team for this game ? or is that just a throw back to the goal he scored against their reserves in November.?
    No idea if he is in the squad

But he deserves a run if games. He is technical, creative and can score goals
    All our other attacking mids deserve to be in the reserves

Frogdog wrote: »
    Agreed, bar Lucas. I'd nearly play Agger in there and have the Greek in at CB. Or even Spearing. Anything but Lucas at this stage.

Lucas was your best outfield player the last day and he's way down the list of players that deserves criticism/dropping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

No idea if he is in the squad

But he deserves a run if games. He is technical, creative and can score goals
    All our other attacking mids deserve to be in the reserves

Well overdue a proper start, he was good enough last season FFS he's scoring at international level regular enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Pepe Kelly Johnson Skrtel Agger Lucas Meireles Spearing Kuyt Maxi Torres

Rumoured 11. Not the definite lineup at all, taken from twitter.

• Advertisement

Spearing rumoured to be starting. Good lord

Reina

Kelly
    Skrtel
    Agger
    Johnson

Spearing----Lucas

---Kuyt
    Meireles
    Maxi

Torres

I really hope that's not the team.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Johnson at LB again?? :(

Spearing??? WTF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Joe Cole's back isint he, wonder will Kenny give him a chance in behind Torres with Gerrard out

That starting 11 makes so little sense on so many levels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Seen this, could be 4-3-3

Reina
    Johnson Skrtel Agger Aurelio
    Lucas Meireles Spearing
    Kuyt----Torres
    Maxi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I have a hunch that starting 11 will be wrong, no reason to back it up though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I think it's a bit ridiculous if Spearing gets a start considering how utterly ordinary he's been for the reserves - there's two or three players ahead of him in the pecking order for a start.

At the same time - I don't want to put down a young player, I've stuck up for Lucas & N'Gog enough times to know I should give Spearing a chance but my heart sank a little bit when I saw that team because from what I've seen of him so far - he's not up to Premiership standard

The Liverpool team in full is: Reina, Kelly, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Meireles, Lucas, Spearing, Maxi, Kuyt, Torres.

Subs: Gulacsi, Kyrgiakos, Cole, Aurelio, Shelvey, Pacheco, Babel.

Apparently.

• Advertisement

Theres a danger two less than physically imposing guys like Spearing and Lucas could be bullied by Everton in midfield, with the likes of Fellaini in there.

Advertisement