Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gluten free cake recipes

Options
  • 13-01-2011 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi

Just looking for a recommendation for a gluten free cake recipe? Want to make one for a friend (even beter if I can get gluten and dairy free, to accomodate another friend :) )

I'm pretty open about what flavour / small cakes or 1 large etc, although I do have some lemons at home that need using.

I was thinking about maybe lemon and ground almond cake, I had one recently and it was pretty good.

Obviously there's loads of recipes online, but it'd be great to get a recommendation rather than just picking one and hoping for the best!

I was also thinking of just making one of my failsafe standard recipes, using gluten-free flour. How differently does it behave to normal flour?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Chocolate cake?

Dairy and wheat free: http://glutenfreephotos.blogspot.com/2011/01/dark-days-dark-chocolate.html

I have eaten this blogger's food, and believe me when I tell you it is seriously YUM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

How about Lemon Polenta cake? I love the texture of Polenta, especially in cakes and biscuits

This is a gluten free recipe I've tried and its yummy!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

Great, thank you very much! Chocolate always goes down well, and lemon-polenta was actually exactly what I was thinking about, so I'm sorted now!

Will try one and/or both and report back after the weekend :D

Advertisement