Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11: Lots of possession but no goals

Options
  • 13-01-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

I can't seem to score even tho I dominate possession. I play with Bayern Munich alot and also use Real Madrid but doesn't seem to make a difference.

I have the majority of possession and usually lose to a goal that is crossed into the box which I can't defend or my keeper saves and then they get the rebound. Very frustrating. Or, when I play against Man City and they give the ball to Tevez who you just cant get the ball off and he runs 50 yards and taps it in.

Also, can anyone give tips on how to beat players by dribbling.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

I'll have to wait for my four year old to come home from school to ask him.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Just saw this thread by mistake, I remember I used to play these games when they were good (10 years ago or so) now they are too complex,
    you can't just have a quick game anymore you need to have a degree in the game to play well (at the high levels).

You need to look up all the trick shots and moves (which the manuals don't cover anymore ) my advice - throw the game and the XBOX in the bin - it's a complete waste of time with no positive outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

censuspro wrote: »
    I can't seem to score even tho I dominate possession. I play with Bayern Munich alot and also use Real Madrid but doesn't seem to make a difference.

I have the majority of possession and usually lose to a goal that is crossed into the box which I can't defend or my keeper saves and then they get the rebound. Very frustrating. Or, when I play against Man City and they give the ball to Tevez who you just cant get the ball off and he runs 50 yards and taps it in.

Also, can anyone give tips on how to beat players by dribbling.

You need to practice the 1-2 and the through ball. Thats where most of my goals come from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I honestly have nearly had it with this game, there's absolutley nothing I can do. It seems every opponent is faster than me, gets EVERY rebound, intercepts every pass, knocks me off the ball even though I'm a good few yards ahead and their players are untouchable when the have possesion. And even if I do get a tackle in it ends up at their feet anyway. What's the secret, honestly. When it comes to scoring, it never happens, ever yet I'm beaten 5 or 6 nil now. I've tried watching the tutorials and they have made me absolutley useless now. I was never this bad at FIFA 09' or 10, I would actually win a few games with those games. I'm this close to just handing the game over to a tramp in the street, because it's no fun at all for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Cjayses

I honestly have nearly had it with this game, there's absolutley nothing I can do. It seems every opponent is faster than me, gets EVERY rebound, intercepts every pass, knocks me off the ball even though I'm a good few yards ahead and their players are untouchable when the have possesion. And even if I do get a tackle in it ends up at their feet anyway. What's the secret, honestly. When it comes to scoring, it never happens, ever yet I'm beaten 5 or 6 nil now. I've tried watching the tutorials and they have made me absolutley useless now. I was never this bad at FIFA 09' or 10, I would actually win a few games with those games. I'm this close to just handing the game over to a tramp in the street, because it's no fun at all for me.

Chin up pal! You're probably just going through a bad run of form. Happens to everyone. You gave me 2 good games last season with Madrid! Just keep playing online and you'll get back to winning games.

• Advertisement

What assists do you use, I changed mine recently enough and they ruined me.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

It's really hard to explain how to play FIFA. How I like to play is try little nice passes up to my forwards then pass the ball back and press LB for the striker to go on a run and then chip through ball it through to him. That's how I get most people.

If not just keep poesession of the ball gradually moving it up the pitch them try play a little sneaky ball through for a 1v1. Also, when you're in 1v1 situations, I advise you you hold RB whilst shooting. Hardly ever miss. :D

Not too sure if this helps... Good luck. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Also forgot to add, not too sure about FIFA 11 but has been the case in previous games that if their players are stronger, faster etc. they have their game difficultity on WC or Legendary. Don't think it's the case with 11 but always worth a try. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

the_monkey wrote: »
    Just saw this thread by mistake, I remember I used to play these games when they were good (10 years ago or so) now they are too complex,
    you can't just have a quick game anymore you need to have a degree in the game to play well (at the high levels).

You need to look up all the trick shots and moves (which the manuals don't cover anymore ) my advice - throw the game and the XBOX in the bin - it's a complete waste of time with no positive outcome.

Absolute nonsense. You don't need any trick shots or moves, and of course if you want to play at a high level then you need to practice. Otherwise it wouldn't be a high level, it would just be the level.

Anyone can pick up FIFA 11 or Pro Evo 11 and play a game easily.

Keep the faith dude. You also gave me a really tough game last season. 4-4 I think it finished and it was a cracking game. As Cjayses said your probably goign through a bad faze.

I have all the assists on the default setting. I can go through them with you later if you like.

• Advertisement

You don't need the trick shots or the moves to be good at the game. People at teh very top end of the game may use them but to just get to a decent level the best way is to play a simple game. Pass and Move. Get your defending right.

Also as far as the "Complete Waste of Time" aren't most hobbies and pastimes? Watching Chelsea play for example? What positive outcome comes from that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Just saw this post by mistake, and i have to say, i have NEVER seen a more unhelpful and negative post than this. If you've nothing helpful to say say nothing...

Back to Fifa,

I'm going through a rough patch too OP, getting beat 3 and 4 nil even with 55-60% possession and its driving me nuts. Happened me before and as a previous poster said you're just off form. Dont forget to use the right stick to flick the ball forward when someone tries to tackle you, more often than not youll get a free kick, and use LB when passing so the passing player makes a run..

I've changed everything back to what it was, so time will tell. Anyone from the league fancy a friendly anytime? I'll be up for that.

I've changed everything back to what it was, so time will tell. Anyone from the league fancy a friendly anytime? I'll be up for that.

During the week dude if you fancy it. Normally I'm always up for a game but I'm all FIFA'd out at the mo. Played it all night last night as a few hours today.

Advertisement