Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAL & NTSC XBOX

• 13-01-2011 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

I'm emigrating to Korea next month and I'm just wondering a few things about my XBOX (bought in 2009). What I do know is that they use the same voltage as here so that is not a problem, and all I'll need is an EU adapter. However:

Will my PAL XBOX be compatible with the NTSC televisions in Korea?

Will the games I bought here in Ireland (PAL) be compatible with Korean technology (NTSC)?

If I buy a game in Korea will it work on my XBOX.

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I'm emigrating to Korea next month and I'm just wondering a few things about my XBOX (bought in 2009). What I do know is that they use the same voltage as here so that is not a problem, and all I'll need is an EU adapter. However:

Will my PAL XBOX be compatible with the NTSC televisions in Korea?

Will the games I bought here in Ireland (PAL) be compatible with Korean technology (NTSC)?

If I buy a game in Korea will it work on my XBOX.

Thanks in advance...

I was under the impression most countries in ASIA were PAL? Although Korea being two countries and all.......anyway.....

AFAIK, and im open to correction on this, a lot of the games in ASIA are region free. In that case they will work on your xbox, or there's every chance at the very least.

http://regionfreexbox.com/region/free < thats a list of region free games bought from the states, i would assume that if it's region free in one country or region it is in the rest. Best to gamoogle it though.

As for your PAL xbox working on NTSC, again, open to correction, but i had an NTSC PS3 that worked on PAL so there's every possibility it works in reverse too.

Although according to this http://www.differencebetween.net/object/gadgets-object/difference-between-ntsc-xbox-360-and-pal-xbox-360/ it's not the case, however i would look for a better source.

Sorry i can't be of more help :(

Advertisement