Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

identify arcade game

• 13-01-2011 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry but I fear this is going to be a bit vague.

It was my fav "racer" in the arcade think it was out about 15-17 years ago.

So there was 4 steering wheels and you all lookded down on the screen it was like build into a table.

As you earn money from races you could buy better gear for the cars if iirc the cars were sort of small, not like F1 cars. I think the name may have had nitro in it

I know, shocking details. But in you I trust :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

loved them both, it was after these i'd say.

4 wheels but the screen you looked down at it wasn't in front if you if that makes sense.

like this

but a lot more moderen and 4 wheels :pac:

Ms_Pac_man_Galaga_Table_Arcade_Game_By_Namco.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Was it Off Road?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

There was a game that fits the description though for the life of me I can't remember the name of it.
    It was top down and the cars looked F1 (ish) you could get nitros and there would have been the usual hazards of a game of that age like holes in the ground and oil spills etc there was also short cuts and the like.
    OP have you any more info regarding the game??

o1s1n wrote: »
    Was it Off Road?

do you mean was it called off road? or was it "off road" :)

I think it was sort of in the streets but the enviroment changes as you went up the levels

• Advertisement

pdbhp wrote: »
    There was a game that fits the description though for the life of me I can't remember the name of it.
    It was top down and the cars looked F1 (ish) you could get nitros and there would have been the usual hazards of a game of that age like holes in the ground and oil spills etc there was also short cuts and the like.
    OP have you any more info regarding the game??

I'm trying to rack the brain and come up with something else that was uniqe to this particular game. I'm sort of remember the cars as small and bubble like like a newish micra. I'm afraid to say something that might knock you off the cent tho cause it's pretty fuzzy, I played this game day and night can't belive i've forgot so much.

The streering wheel was pretty small, compared to super sprint and much thicker. you got to a sort of little shop after each level to buy up engines/boosts etc

This is all that's coming back to me. bloody teenage drinking! :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I know Badlands is only two player so thats out...

LoGiE wrote: »
    It was... Badlands? Hot Rod or maybe Indy heat?

We have a winner, thanks a mil!!

Hot rod indeed :)

hotrod.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

It used the same hardware as Crackdown and Bonanza bros and was released in 1988. I've played it in mame but never came across it in the wild. Which arcade did you play it in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

ntlbell wrote: »
    hotrod.png

Good grief, that takes me back to Mosney :D

• Advertisement

LoGiE wrote: »
    It used the same hardware as Crackdown and Bonanza bros and was released in 1988. I've played it in mame but never came across it in the wild. Which arcade did you play it in?

Leisureplex in Tallaght :)

God Damn thats the game I was thinking of.
    We probably played it with each other as thats where I used to play all my arcade games

pdbhp wrote: »
    God Damn thats the game I was thinking of.
    We probably played it with each other as thats where I used to play all my arcade games

Probably, miss spent youth :pac:

Hot Rod was my outlet after getting knocked off SF :)

Probably, miss spent youth :pac:

Hot Rod was my outlet after getting knocked off SF :)

Sh1t man are you me cos thats exactly what I did..This is getting mighty wierd:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ryanglynn86

Hi guys. I am looking for the badlands game you mentioned. Does anyone know of anywhere I could buy it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭yrwhu8jxtni06a

Hi guys. I am looking for the badlands game you mentioned. Does anyone know of anywhere I could buy it?

it was on midway arcade treasures 3 compilation which goes very cheap on amazon uk

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

only coming to this thread now , but not only was that the game I was thinking of , its actually the same damn CAB I was thinking of.(used to do a lot of gaming there in the early nineties), Although I always preferred the final lap II that would have been fairly close to it :)

Advertisement