Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fly/mosquito/midge netting (metal)

• 13-01-2011 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

can anyone advise me as to where I might source this material?
    You see it incorporated into door screens in some shops (Sheridans in Galway used to have it but I think it is now made from some kind of plastic and I want it from metal.
    I don't want it made up into a door or a window -just the raw material if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

geordief wrote: »
    can anyone advise me as to where I might source this material?
    You see it incorporated into door screens in some shops (Sheridans in Galway used to have it but I think it is now made from some kind of plastic and I want it from metal.
    I don't want it made up into a door or a window -just the raw material if possible.

We use it in our factory as fly screening and source it from this place. http://www.graepel.ie/index.cfm/page/home

We've just a job on some louvred doors with a coated mild steel (it rusts aways after a few years in the open though) and have off cuts (rolls of about 14" wide by a couple of metres long) if you want to pick some up in Finglas at some point. PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭geordief

thanks a lot for that.Actually I hardly ever get to Dublin. I will keep looking for something in the Galway area..

Advertisement