Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock is Dead.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Metallergy wrote: »
    cheers for the geography lesson. but it still sounded like balkan ska-metal by a bunch of armenians who settled in the states to me..

anything else? :confused:
    Do you listen to a lot of Balkan Ska-Metal played by Armenian Americans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Metallergy

recorded music as a whole is part of the 20th Century. it has run its course. as a creative medium it is dead. when there is a teenager discovering pop music for the first time then that's fine, i can't criticize what they're getting from this. but hopefully over the coming years more and more people will realize that recorded music has run its course and cease recreating inferior reproductions. and i won't be constantly bombarded with forms of audio i have essentially heard before, not months or years ago but in a previous century. and more people will fly the flag for balkan ska-metal

recorded music as a whole is part of the 20th Century. it has run its course. as a creative medium it is dead.
    Here you go again with bizarre statements that make no sense. The only alternative to recorded music that I'm aware of is live music. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Troll?

Malice_ wrote: »
    Here you go again with bizarre statements that make no sense. The only alternative to recorded music that I'm aware of is live music. Am I missing something?

as you tend to do. its been recorded; its been documented. it should serve as a wake-up call to arrogant young tykes who thinks they've coined a new genre or style
    Troll?

a mod, seemingly.. indeed the mod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Sorry to wander off, but apart from kicking ass, why does everybody like Queens Of The Stone Age but if you tell them it's metal they look at you funny?
    Because it's hard/stoner rock. It's not metal.

It was you I was accusing of being the troll.

Sickening allegations.

..anyways could say the same for yourself, in such a titled thread. but i don't cry wolf, like a child

Pendulum

lol

as you tend to do. its been recorded; its been documented. it should serve as a wake-up call to arrogant young tykes who thinks they've coined a new genre or style
    As I tend to do? What else have I missed then? And you haven't answered my question. You said recorded music is dead. What is the alternative apart from live music?
    Metallergy wrote:
    Whether I'm a moderator or not should have no bearing on what you post (once you obey the charter obviously). If you can't take part in discussions rationally and maturely maybe this isn't the site for you?

lol

A purist, ay?

• Advertisement

It was you I was accusing of being the troll.

don't like to say but i knew that; but sure enough you replied with this. just playin with the pair of ya..

Karl Hungus used to mod here, right? missed.

http://sarcmusic.wordpress.com/2008/03/11/group-4-plagiarism-and-imitation-within-the-music-industry/
    It is only in this modern age when virtually every musical concept imaginable has been experimented with that, paradoxically, much musical creativity appears to have been exhausted.

plagiarism & imitation should keep rock and music in general ticking over for well, the rest of eternity.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Whiskeyjack

http://sarcmusic.wordpress.com/2008/03/11/group-4-plagiarism-and-imitation-within-the-music-industry/

plagiarism & imitation should keep rock and music in general ticking over for well, the rest of eternity.

That really depends on what you hear as plagiarism. To me there is always music that sounds fresh enough to my ears for me to enjoy it. Even if it's of a style that sounds like it could have been around nearly 50 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

That really depends on what you hear as plagiarism. To me there is always music that sounds fresh enough to my ears for me to enjoy it. Even if it's of a style that sounds like it could have been around nearly 50 years ago.

I think bands like Airbourne are almost more part of the problem in that they try so hard to sound exactly like ACDC as if to say, hey heres ACDC for your generation, it doesn't sound fresh so much as just a nostalgia product.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Whiskeyjack

I think bands like Airbourne are almost more part of the problem in that they try so hard to sound exactly like ACDC as if to say, hey heres ACDC for your generation, it doesn't sound fresh so much as just a nostalgia product.

Yeah, bands like Airbourne and the Darkness are where I draw the line myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

the_syco wrote: »
    Because it's hard/stoner rock. It's not metal.

Hence why this forum is called Rock & Metal...

I can't wait for this year's new releases - R.E.M., Foos, QOTSA, Jane's addiction, Radiohead, Stone Temple Pilots (maybe Pearl Jam and Soundgarden as well) to name a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

As long as great rock bands keep making great rock music I couldn't give a rabbit's t1t whether the genre is "dead".

Advertisement