Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for cooking mushrooms

Options
  • 13-01-2011 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Looking for some ways to cook mushrooms. I want to do them as a vegetable to go with mash etc so i dont want to just add them to a pan with the rest of the dish (like i would if i was doing curry or something!) and i would normally cook them in a pot with a knob of butter on the bottom but wondering are there any ther ways to cook them to change it up a bit......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭LambsEye

I really enjoy doing bitesize stuffed mushrooms. MEGA easy.

Spray your mushrooms/drizzle them with Olive Oil
    Roast in an oven for about 10 minutes
    Take em out
    Put a small bit of garlic puree in them
    Fill with whatever you want! I do: Chopped salami, cheese, breadcrumbs and some herbs
    Grill
    Salt and Pepper
    EAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MandyM

I like to buy giant flat mushrooms as a side veggie.

Lay some giant mushrooms on an oven pan, drizzle lightly with olive oil, sprinkle some thinkly sliced garlic onto each one then grill for about 5 mins. Serve seasoned with a little salt and pepper.

To make them a little more than a side veggie, slice up some fresh mozzarella. Lay them out on your dish, sprinkle finely sliced garlic onto them along with fresh roughly chopped basil. Lay a slice of mozzarella onto each mushroom, season with salt & pepper, grill until cheese is melted. Serve with some more fresh chopped basil on top.

The great thing about that is there's no frying or using butter, but they're still tasty! Mushrooms contain loads of water so once they start roasting, the water comes out and you have juicy mushrooms :)

Advertisement