Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The elusive BBC4 (FTA)

Options
  • 13-01-2011 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭

I have searched the forums and cannot find an answer to this:

Does anyone have an SL65 (SilverCrest (Lidl) FTA box) that can still receive BBC4 since the recent move? I've never had a problem before (a re-scan normally does the trick). I have found 2 entries for "BBC4" (scanned after 7pm - when broadcasting), but I have a black screen on both. I have BBC3, etc. back OK.

I've checked the sticky above and even created a "new" channel from scratch using the values shown but no joy.

If anyone has this working could you post the "Video PID", "Audio PID" and "PCR PID" values (displayed under the preview of the channel when going through the on-screen list).

Or is this gone for good?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

10803 Horiz--BBC Four -VID-5600 A.PID-5601 Eng 5602 Eng SID-6418

Delete the other BBC fours before you manually scan or else manually scan the exact frequency on a different satellite like Eurobird or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Thanks a million muincav! I'll plug in those "ID" values and hopefully all will be back to normal.

Out of interest, where did you track down those values?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

reaper180 wrote: »

Thanks, yeah, I did look through that alright, but without the PID values I couldn't get it re-tuned on the Lidl FTA box.

That list is for Sky boxes:
    RECEIVERS BY OTHER MANUFACTURERS
    For the many non-Sky FTA satellite receivers that are available out there, you will have to consult your user manual for how to scan for new channels as each box has different menu systems and options.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I couldn't find any mention in the manual of how to get those PID values that were requried for a non-Sky box.

(BTW they worked fine - great to have BBC4 back!):)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If you delete the non working channel, then a scan works. But if the channel is not deleted and simply has changed settings on the same transponder, then the Scan doesn't work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement