Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slow cooker - chicken madras

Options
  • 13-01-2011 3:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

I have a little jar of madras paste and im buying a slow cooker later today, just wondering how i'd go about making madras in the slow cooker?

i was thinking I'd cook the paste/tomatoes/chillis together first until it got pretty liquid then throw it and the chopped chicken into the slow cooker on high for 3-4 hours.. then throw the veg in for another little bit until they were cooked

does that sound about right? can I just throw the rice in there with the rest of the veg and itll all cook together? or would it be best to cook the rice seperately in a saucepan.. or maybe dice a few potatoes and throw them in with the rest of the veg..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

its best to use chicken pieces if u are slow cooking as your end result will benefit immensely from the juices. also add ginger, garlic, 2 onions, a nice handfull of coriander leaf a bell pepper a carrot and a litre of water and a dash of lemon. remove the chicken at the end and blend in the pot with a hand blender.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Bear in mind that vegetables take a lot longer to cook than meat does in the slow cooker. I always sautee veg such as carrots to start them off, and put them in for the full cooking time. Otherwise they come out hard.

Advertisement