Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil rig off Scotsman's bay.

Options
  • 13-01-2011 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone see this or know what is about?

Upload photo later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

• Registered Users Posts: 6 snow1

Could the drilling rigs be something to do with Dublin ports expansion? boreholes for wind turbines, oil, gas, coal, radiation bunker for the government, waste water outlet from the sewage factory all seem a bit bogus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

It's to with water treatment, as highlighted above.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Mining for gold I heard, great money from those Cash for Gold places

purple monkey dishwasher

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

its building the oil pipe line for the new deep water port at Dalkey Island, this will allow super huge tankers to dock there in the deep water channel.

:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

its building the oil pipe line for the new deep water port at Dalkey Island, this will allow super huge tankers to dock there in the deep water channel.

:pac::pac:

The residents won't like that spoiling their view :eek:

NIMBY

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

The residents won't like that spoiling their view :eek:

NIMBY

It was actually a plan considered back in the 60/70's iirc but abandoned
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalkey_Island
    the "water and leisure" section mentions it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Way off topic, I see that article mentioned the Muglins

When I did the sea safari the boatman took us out to some island in this area and I'm pretty sure that was the name used.

Dublin used to have issues with pirates and if caught the authorities would take you out to this tiny island and you'd be hanged and left there as a warning to others

Just interesting I thought

Advertisement