If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 21:9 Cinema TV due date

Options
  • 13-01-2011 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm wondering about the delivery dates of the Philips 21:9 Cinema TV.

I bought and paid for one on the 15th of December last year and have been without tv ever since as I was told to expect a pre Christmas delivery and got rid of the old one. I know there were problems with the snow but it's over a month now with no updates and I'm thinking of cancelling the whole thing and going elsewhere.

I would appreciate it if someone could give me an update so that I can plan around it or make a decision to cancel.

On anther note I'm looking for a blu ray surround system to match the TV which I hope is due in shortly.

Can you recommend a budget to mid range semi discreet separates system to match up to the tv. I've heard good things about the monitor vectors & silvers as well as denons and onkyos but am lost when it comes to matching them up

updates & advice apperciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Raffeal

I've just heard back from Philips Ireland that these TV's are due to land in the port next week - they reckon they should have them in the first part of the week with deliveries to us following on shortly there after.

I can only apologies for the delay on these sets - we have been chasing updates daily and today is the first that I've actually got something back with regards to an eta....(sorry its not very concrete info in that I cant give you a date as yet:o)

We are in the process of contacting all our customers with this info as I type

It is well worth holding on for as it is a fantastic TV.

To address your BR Seperates System I'd say best chat to the guys in Richer Belfast as the will guide you through the choices - I can personally recommend the Monitor Audio Silver range - I use these myself - really nice speakers...

we have a range of all in one Blu Ray Home Cinema systems in The Philips Shop if you choose to go down that route.

Once again, very sorry for the delay on your TV and I will of course contact you as soon as I get anymore info re eta.

ATB
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Raffeal

Thanks for getting back to me Ash, much appreciated.

Nicola called earlier and explained the situation, and my options, including a no quibble refund, which is greatly appreciated.

I know you guys are doing your best, I just want to get the TV on the wall, ASAP. Reading about the new model has me thinking of switching to it, what would that cost me?

Nicola told me she'd speak to John, I'll drop another post about separate systems and hoepfully will get some advice.

Thanks again

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

To avoid confusion, I'm closing this thread and leaving your new thread with the query for a separates system open for a response.

Cheers,

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.