Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

W995 apps

Options
  • 13-01-2011 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

I recently got a W995 on meteor bill pay.
    I'm having trouble finding good apps for it though. Is the Sony Playnow the best place for looking for them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I've had the W995 for just over a year, love it

But i'v just moved to an Android phone, cos theres feckall decent apps for the SonyEricsson Java platform. and most that do exist, just dont work!

Such a shame, cos they're epic phones

What apps you after anyways?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I'll prob move to the windows phones when sony does one. Love Sony phones.

I don't know really, a better location/GPS app as google sucks a$$ in this area, most streets aren't where they should be.
    Apps that would make life that wee bit easier I suppose.

I've come from a W910i which was a bit too temperamental to consider apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

kiddums wrote: »

I don't know really, a better location/GPS app as google sucks a$$ in this area, most streets aren't where they should be.

I suggest you have a read through Windows Phone 7 thread. Only bing maps on WP7 now and Ireland barely supported. No local search and maps are outdated by a year. Well most of the roads would be ok. But new ones (please turn right? there is not right! :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

kiddums wrote: »

The Sony Ericsson Xperia Z10 uses Android, and its updated to the latest 2.2 version

The Android version of Google Maps is epic! So fast! And would also look great on the Xperia's 4" screen :D

Basically, if you want a decent App phone, it'll have to be Android, or at least an iPhone

Sonyericsson Android Phones

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Z10? If u mean x10 official release only goes as far as 2.1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Had a W995 for year before upgrade. The only good apps I could get working on it were Gmail and paddy power and betfair. Being a gambling man these were helpful but overall I found it hard to get apps for it. The ones I got that didnt work just froze the phone completely. Fantastic phone though. Served me well.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

dont get an x10 or any or the android se phones on vodafone just yet, they are only operating on android 1.6 and dont know when they will be rolling out the 2.1 software. and the x series wont be upgrading to 2.2 either....

Advertisement