Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new laptop BROKE ALREADY...

• 13-01-2011 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi,
    I got a new Samsung laptop 3 weeks ago. I havent used it a lot since getting it,however I went to turn it on two days ago and it took over 20 mins to turn on, and when it eventually did turn on it wont open any programmes. It takes them like twenty mins to load and eventually it will just say programme not responding?
    I know i more than likely will just have to take it back to the shop but has anyone had a similar problem or does anyone know what coud case this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

swizzle123 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I got a new Samsung laptop 3 weeks ago. I havent used it a lot since getting it,however I went to turn it on two days ago and it took over 20 mins to turn on, and when it eventually did turn on it wont open any programmes. It takes them like twenty mins to load and eventually it will just say programme not responding?
    I know i more than likely will just have to take it back to the shop but has anyone had a similar problem or does anyone know what coud case this?

Did you install any software or hardware prior to the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭swizzle123

Would have installed Skype about a week before this and recently put on Microsoft word 2010.. thats it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Would have installed Skype about a week before this and recently put on Microsoft word 2010.. thats it?!

is your msword 2010 a legit version?

most "hacked versions of ms products contains hidden malware"

is your msword 2010 a legit version?

most "hacked versions of ms products contains hidden malware"

Oh ya I bought the package with the laptop!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Boot it in to safe mode. If it still takes 20 minutes to boot etc then you may be having some sort of issue with your hard drive.

• Advertisement

Saruman wrote: »
    Boot it in to safe mode. If it still takes 20 minutes to boot etc then you may be having some sort of issue with your hard drive.

And how do I do this???? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

And how do I do this???? :(

Press F8 when the machine is booting up (start pressing after the initial screen dissappears). It will give you a list of options, safe mode is one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

press f8 as its loading i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

On modern computers you just hold down the F8 key usually. No more getting it at the right moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Have you got a anti virus scan or updates scheduled?

• Advertisement

BostonB wrote: »
    Have you got a anti virus scan or updates scheduled?

Ya all thats in place!

Have tried the F8 thing did nothin!! Back to the shop it goes I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Turn them off or unsintall them, see if that speeds it up. Some AV slow machines to a crawl.

Advertisement