Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 30MBit Broadband acting like 20 - 22 MBit

• 13-01-2011 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask.
    Have 30Mbit UPC connection (upgraded from 15Mbit few months ago), and the actual speed is never really beyond 22 Mbit. I mean when going to speetest.upc.ie I receive something like 28/2,6 Mbit but no site ever shows me transfer speeds over 2,5 MB/s. Sometimes @ about 5 am I see 3MB/s but thats it. UPC expert come over and replaced the modem and the connecting switch in my place, but it did not really improved anything.
    So my question is - is it called a 30Mbit service when it is just to UPC Server? Dublin D18 here. Back in November they changed the line or exchange and for a short while it was better, but just for a week. Modem is that Cisco 2425 or something.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

We really don't need another UPC speed thread, there's about 5 of them on the front page right now.

New UPC Speed issues thread here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement