Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citydeal - error on deal

Options
  • 13-01-2011 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

citydeal sold me a deal for a winter check and oil change, that clearly said oil change in the ad and then when I went to the garage the guy there said oil change was not included. citydeal replied to this saying it was a simple human error. Anybody else have this kind of issues using citydeal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

hakanakah wrote: »
    citydeal sold me a deal for a winter check and oil change, that clearly said oil change in the ad and then when I went to the garage the guy there said oil change was not included. citydeal replied to this saying it was a simple human error. Anybody else have this kind of issues using citydeal?

This is a clear case of the deal being not as described. You were sold one product, but the real product turned out to be different. Therefore CityDeal should offer you either a refund, replacement or repair.

In this case a repair isn't feasible - so either they should offer you an alternative equivalent deal, or you can get your money back. You do not have to accept credit from them if you do not want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hakanakah

dudara wrote: »
    This is a clear case of the deal being not as described. You were sold one product, but the real product turned out to be different. Therefore CityDeal should offer you either a refund, replacement or repair.

In this case a repair isn't feasible - so either they should offer you an alternative equivalent deal, or you can get your money back. You do not have to accept credit from them if you do not want to.

Thanks dudara, I will get back to them and see where it goes. By the way since I have started chasing them with this issue, they have sent out a clarification email to all who bought the deal stating what it includes. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Here's the (expired) offer http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:tJaTAVMDnMMJ:www.citydeal.ie/deals/dublin-special/autoscan/192639 (click already registered if you get the popup)

You're entitled to a refund assuming you didn't use the voucher when you went in. Things will be less straight forward if you used it although you could try for a % based on how much an oil change would cost (this might not be doable if you were told before using the voucher rather than afterwards). Out of curiosity, did they retroactively change the text to say top up instead of change? What does it say on your voucher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

If the voucher is the one linked to in Zab's post it clearly sates an oil top up not an oil change in which case you got what you paid for

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The OP did say that they clarified the T&Cs of the voucher afterwards. So the version available for viewing now could have been retroactively modified.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BBSTELLA

I had the same problem, mine however was a hotel deal I booked with them, it clearly states in the terms and conditions that I can book anytime, any day of the week, however when I went to book the hotel I was told there was only a couple of rooms left the date I wanted to book and other paying customers get priorty-I dont think this is fair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

BBSTELLA wrote: »
    I had the same problem, mine however was a hotel deal I booked with them, it clearly states in the terms and conditions that I can book anytime, any day of the week, however when I went to book the hotel I was told there was only a couple of rooms left the date I wanted to book and other paying customers get priorty-I dont think this is fair!

a hotel, just like an airline, will divide its rooms / seats up into different groups. Once a certain group of rooms / seats are sold at a certain price, the next price applies. The same with these deals - they are to mop up spare capacity and if a hotel is at 90% capacity for a particular dtae, then they will not give the remaining rooms at a discount rate or to a voucher.

Advertisement