Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lehipduhop zine photo comp

• 13-01-2011 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all,

LeHipduHop would like to announce the inaugural monthly photo competition. Each month a new theme will be announced, all you have to do is upload your photo to our facebook page with your name and the theme as a caption.
    The photo with the most likes wins, simple.
    Winner will recieve a framed A3 copy of the photo + your picture featured... in the next Issue.
    January's theme is... Handmade.

Good Luck, Happy Snapping.

www.facebook.com/lehipduhop
    www.lehipduhop.com

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Have seen the Thumbs Up/ Thanks sytem of voting go very pear shaped in that a person with the most active on-line social networking will win regardless of quality of photograph as they can (and will) just round up a load of friends that'll "like" the pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lehipduhop

That is true... however I am an optimist and hope that quality will prevail.

You have to be in it to win it!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

lehipduhop wrote: »
    That is true... however I am an optimist and hope that quality will prevail.

You have to be in it to win it!

It is true, I too am an optimist (but a realist). Even on this simple site not too long ago a big TV was hijacked and carried off into the sunset.

While being in the competition will get you so far the chances are that if you're 17 years of age you will win it.

Not being po-faced about your competition just your system of awarding, which immediately takes away the original intent to have a photography competition as it won't be anything to do with the quality of photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭abulense

humberklog wrote: »
    takes away the original intent to have a photography competition as it won't be anything to do with the quality of photo.

completely agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I suppose the system of reward means the quality of the prize is in direct proportion to the quality of the winning photograph.

A sh*tty winner will get a sh*tty prize.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lehipduhop

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will take this into consideration for future competitions.

In the meantime please stop by and have a look at what we are doing, hope you like what you see.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

There is also the issue that a lot of real photographers will not let their Photos within a bulls roar of Facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Facebook handles photos really really badly. Whatever it's compression does it murders sharpness.

Example;

Facebook
    35385_413125108859_544473859_4615783_6546026_n.jpg

Not Facebook
    6322246127E5471190FB313DB8234E02-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

the website doent seem to load only the facebook page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Jim wrote: »
    Facebook handles photos really really badly. Whatever it's compression does it murders sharpness.

I've never seen a photo look that bad on facebook myself. There's a newer option now of selecting a higher quality image when uploading.

• Advertisement
Advertisement