Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wakame soup

Options
  • 13-01-2011 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

I've started looking for this, I've had it before years ago when a japanese woman came to my town, she used to feed me buckets of this, I loved it, it was only the instant type she gave me and that's what I'm searching for. I had a look down in the local health shop they had none and the guy that owns it checked his books for it to see if he could get it in but he couldn't find any. The nearest thing he had was miso soup which I bought but, I'm still on a search for wakame soup.

So, has anyone seen it around anywhere, even if it's somewhere in dublin I could send a friend to get it and bring it back to me when he's home next.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

Orla K wrote: »
    I've started looking for this, I've had it before years ago when a japanese woman came to my town, she used to feed me buckets of this, I loved it, it was only the instant type she gave me and that's what I'm searching for. I had a look down in the local health shop they had none and the guy that owns it checked his books for it to see if he could get it in but he couldn't find any. The nearest thing he had was miso soup which I bought but, I'm still on a search for wakame soup.

So, has anyone seen it around anywhere, even if it's somewhere in dublin I could send a friend to get it and bring it back to me when he's home next.

i realize that previous post is old, however currently i'm looking for wakame seaweed for miso soup. Any tips?
    Miso you can find in Tesco (Jervis).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

sebphoto wrote: »
    i realize that previous post is old, however currently i'm looking for wakame seaweed for miso soup. Any tips?
    Miso you can find in Tesco (Jervis).

Any Asian shop would have dried wakame as would better health food shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

Any Asian shop would have dried wakame as would better health food shops.

Thanks for advice. I already visit some Chinese and Korean grocery stores, but i couldn't find any Japanese. :|

Advertisement