Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo software

• 13-01-2011 5:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

I need to scan about 25 photos to my pc and I want to save them as .tiff files. I have photoshop but do not want to install it as the pc I am using with the scanner/printer is far too old for it.

I tried using Picasa but find it to be useless, I just want to be able to scan it in, crop it as necessary and then save it as a .tif file. Very simple thing yet I can't find something that will allow to save to .tiff.

I used MS Photo Editor for years which was so great for simple tasks like this but I can't get it work on Win7 since I loaded seven onto my old pc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Why do you need them in TIFF format?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭JDxtra

By the way - MS Paint in Windows 7 can save as TIFF. It can also import files from a scanner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

JDxtra wrote: »
    By the way - MS Paint in Windows 7 can save as TIFF. It can also import files from a scanner.

Lovely stuff JDxtra, I never knew Paint in Win 7 did this, perfectly simple and allowed me to import them fast and efficiently. Saving them in .tff was a great bonus also.

Advertisement