Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money4urmobile - A problem

Options
  • 13-01-2011 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I sent an iphone 3g into money4urmobile.ie I was told I would get €157. I sent the phone and it was in perfect condition, still as new not a single mark on the phone. They are now telling me that they are paying 25% less as the phone wasnt working (but it was, its perfect) If I want the phone back they want me to pay them €15.

Is there anything that I can do about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well I would name & shame, same as you have just done. I would also question their motives in getting you to send them the phone & then offering you a reduced price & then screwing you with a return to owner price. Smell rat comes to mind. If no smell, let them come on here to explain their rational:mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lots of very strange terms such as you can't have a PIN lock on the phone, never even heard of that with envirofone.

http://www.money4urmobile.com/consumer/termsandconditions.asp

The Terms do clearly state:
    For certain models like iPhones and other smartphones we test more functions – like software, connectivity and full functionality so you may find that for these devices our grading will sometimes mean we are unable to offer any payment for it. In these instances you can claim your phone back within 3 days, there will be an admin charge of £14.95 for the return of your item(s) speak to customer service for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

They are saying that the phone is physically broken and is not. They are saying that the back or front is cracked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bigjohnny80

Cracked during transit?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    They are saying that the phone is physically broken and is not. They are saying that the back or front is cracked

Perhaps broken whilst in transit?
    Only way you'll know for sure if they are telling the truth is to see the phone and confirm the IMEI number is yours

• Advertisement

Cracked during transit?

I made sure it wasnt. It was wrapped in about 5 layers of bubble wrap and then sent in a padded envelope

I made sure it wasnt. It was wrapped in about 5 layers of bubble wrap and then sent in a padded envelope

They wont let me see it unless I pay €15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You don't know it wasn't broken in transit though, regardless of packing. If it was sent registered post, and properly insured, then you can claim through that, but you'll need the phone back. If it wasn't insured, then you're at the mercy of the company that has it now.

Since you're not a consumer in this instance, you're selling your phone to a company, and this is an unregulated and unmonitored industry, you're going to have to abide by the company's T&Cs, and pay up to get the phone back. If it is damaged, then you can assume it was damaged in transit, and there's not a lot you can do about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

If the phone is uncharged they nail you for -25% (in the post and sitting in their office for a few days will do this)so i would say thats what happened,it takes a very little excuse for them to do this.

moonshadow wrote: »
    If the phone is uncharged they nail you for -25% (in the post and sitting in their office for a few days will do this)so i would say thats what happened,it takes a very little excuse for them to do this.

It was charged about 90%. I sent my phone to them 2 weeks before they emailed me. Then they emailed me, oh and the fact that they were paying me 25% less wasnt made very clear in the email.

I will never be using them again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Money4UrMobile Rep

Hello there

I am the Money4UrMobile rep and wanted to assist you with some of the queries on this thread.

Although our terms state we charge a phone return fee in reality this charge is never taken. I dont have specific details of your order to hand so apologies if you have recieved inaccurate information.

Upon receipt of you order we grade your handset based on the value it will have given any sort of damage. If a revision is made it is double checked by a member of the team before a notification is sent to you. We then store your item for three days incase you should want your handset returned.

As mentioned our terms do give provision for a €15 fee however, in all cases in the past 4 months no charge has been taken to return items.

We also attempt to give customers upfront information on our grading policies and are one of the only companies who actually show the revision table upfront on our website.

We process thousands of items every month and apologise for any confusion in the instances mentioned in this thread.

If you do have any further questions please contact our customer service team who will be happy to assist you.

Thanks
    Money4UrMobile team

Although our terms state we charge a phone return fee in reality this charge is never taken.

You still reserve the right to charge it so as far as the OP is concerned is 100% correct in saying you will as there's nothing (other then this post) to say you won't.

If the charge is never taken then why list it as a charge?

Other then that as long as this is a legit reply I guess its a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@Money4UrMobile Rep - Thank you for coming to Boards and helping our poster with his question.

However, if you are going to continue to post in an official capacity here on Boards, can I ask you to contact the admins at hello@boards.ie so that we can validate your account.

Regards

dudara

Advertisement