Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blu Ray Disc Burning

• 13-01-2011 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hey guys, i dont know if this is the right section, but i was wondering, do you need a Blu-Ray drive to burn Blu-Ray discs off a computer ?

I do video editing and was just wondering if i would have to use a Blu ray disc drive to get my dvds on full HD format discs.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 kes83

Hi

yes, you would require an optical drive capable of reading and writing Blu-Ray discs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

If you want it to be playable in a Bluray player just the same as if it was a Bluray movie, then yes, you will need a Bluray writer. You'll also need Bluray authoring tools.

If you only have a DVD writer then you can just create a data DVD with a movie file on it. It'll play on a computer and some Bluray drives, depending on the format. 4.7GB is enough for a 720p movie provided its not too long.

For example if you wanted to put a 2hr film onto a 4.7GB DVD disc, that would give you a bit over 5000kbps total ABR. If you put a single 448kbps AC3 track on it, that would leave you ~4500kbps odd for the video stream, that should be enough for half-decent quality at 720p if you encode to H264 high-profile and know what you're doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭andyterryjay

kes83 wrote: »
    Hi

yes, you would require an optical drive capable of reading and writing Blu-Ray discs

ah ok :( haha thanks man. :)

Advertisement