Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This doesnt look right - or am I imagining things?

• 13-01-2011 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

At 6am this morning, a polish guy on a blade, rear-ended a car near my job. I told him to leave it outside my place and I would keep an eye on it. He said he had to go on to work but would be back at 1pm. Its now 5 pm.

I told him he may have free recovery, and he told me he was insured with quinn but did not want them to know. (Surely the woman he hit will tell them?)

So, he says he is on his first insurance and is concerned what was going to happen (first insurance on a 02 fireblade - is that even possible?)

Starting to wonder if this is legit?

Sitting here looking at it, I wonder.

Anyone missing a blade?

Or am I imagining it?:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

At 6am this morning, a polish guy on a blade, rear-ended a car near my job. I told him to leave it outside my place and I would keep an eye on it. He said he had to go on to work but would be back at 1pm. Its now 5 pm.

I told him he may have free recovery, and he told me he was insured with quinn but did not want them to know. (Surely the woman he hit will tell them?)

So, he says he is on his first insurance and is concerned what was going to happen (first insurance on a 02 fireblade - is that even possible?)

Starting to wonder if this is legit?

Sitting here looking at it, I wonder.

Anyone missing a blade?

Or am I imagining it?:eek:

I really doubt its stolen. He might be late or it might not be insured. Either way, you said you would keep a eye on it for the day. The day is over, go home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I really doubt its stolen. He might be late or it might not be insured. Either way, you said you would keep a eye on it for the day. The day is over, go home.

Here till ten tonite, if its still here, I will wheel it inside tonite.

Probably imaging things, but dont believe Quinn would insure anyone on a first insurance on a blade.

Fecks sake, that would be mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You can ring the cops, if its stolen it will show up on pulse in seconds. Cartel the reg too(basic non pay check) and see if its the correct bike for the reg. Other then that, its between him and the bird he hit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

No insurance company can legally refuse a person insurance on any bike, so yes, it's very possible it's his first bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 huntedwolf

First insurance on a blade. That's after giving me a laugh. I enjoyed it. However, he may have said the wrong thing; after a accident there's often a little confusion. You've been really good to him. He less so to you. If he turns up, fine; otherwise ring the local cops and give them the reg. You're right to think it odd. Perhaps that's all it is. But he wouldn't want to try the same story with a cop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i wonder was his name the same as that polish driving licence scam they seemed to be getting away with a few years back over here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

i wonder was his name the same as that polish driving licence scam they seemed to be getting away with a few years back over here

That was our Gardaí taking down the wrong info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

It could just be his first insurance in Ireland, there is no reason why he couldn't be insured on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

Here till ten tonite, if its still here, I will wheel it inside tonite.

:eek: what will you tell the cops if he reports it stolen :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

The truth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It wouldn't be a problem. A crime of theft requires an intent to deprive the owner of his property. Since the OP is simply protecting it, there is no such intent here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Guy turned up at nine o clock and took it away.

Says he could only get insurance from quinn, first time biker, 35 y.o. 1200 euro comp.

Could be a write off. Took a few photos of it. May post later.

Felt sorry for him, but he even offered me a few quid for looking after it. Didnt take it as it wasnt hard to look out my shop window to see it on the pavement!

Still a bit of a mad story. The bird he hit rang the cops with her details - then drove off

I had to explain to him what happens next. Told him to ring her in a few days and sound her out. Poor guy didnt know what to do.

Will post the pics later and maybe those in the know could hazard a guess as to how much the parts could be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Where are all the people laughing at the concept of his first insurance policy being on a 'blade now?

Fair play for helping him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

...Says he could only get insurance from quinn, first time biker, 35 y.o. 1200 euro comp...

In fairness, I work with a 40 odd year old Polish guy who had a fully legit license for some reason but had never driven bikes meaningfully :confused: He bought an SV650 and insured it for next to nothing with Quinn. I dropped him the dealer to pick it up. I followed him in the car on the way back and all I can say about his riding style was I hoped he wouldn't crash on the way home. He survived the first few months and he's actually improved thank god.

Advertisement