Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade build

Options
  • 13-01-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi,

I started a thread here earlier last year about upgrading but someone suggested that I wait a few months for new upgrades in the market.

The main component I need to upgrade are my processor and motherboard, its an old Q6600, it served me well for years but its finally starting to give in. I was thinking of buying the new Sandybridge i5 2500, I have a friend who works in Intel so I can get a significant discount on it if I decide to get it.

I also need to buy a new motherboard to put it in and RAM to support it, could someone please suggest some options for this?

Other then that I have an ATI 4850 which I reckon will keep me going for another while as I can't afford to upgrade that aswell. My PSU is 600W if thats an issue for upgrading.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

what be your budget then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Daniel S

I've 2gb of OCZ DDR3 1333mhz going if you want it :rolleyes: €25?

Advertisement