Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card Reader?

Options
  • 13-01-2011 7:04pm
    Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭

What is this? I'm with Ulster Bank, and I'm being told I need this to add "payees".

Who knew using Ebay would be so damn hard...:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's a small, calculator like device into which you insert your debit card, enter your pin, and it generates a code.

This proves to the bank that it's really you setting up this transfer and not someone who's got access to your account cleaning it out. You should have received one from UB, if not, ring them and have them send it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

BOI used to give their early online customers a similar device, it was made by Racal but you could never find it when you needed to logon.

Nowadays in order to setup an online payee they have introduced a system whereby they send a validation code to your mobile phone and you then enter that code on the website to verify the payee.

Advertisement