Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend some Japanese PS1 shooters

• 13-01-2011 7:10pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

So have 3000 yen to spend on the Japanese PSN store, and am in the mood for some shooter action :) Any highlights you guys can recommend? Already have G-Darius, Einhander and DoDonPachi, so any other suggestions are welcome!

Oh, any non-shooters are welcome suggestions too, but I'm guessing they will have language issues!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I don't know what's on the PSN store, but if The Raiden Project is there, get that. Worth it for Raiden 2 as there's absolutely no way of emulating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Here's my list that I'm gonna attempt to ge this year on PS1.

Don Pachi
    Do Don Pachi
    Einhander
    Gradius Gaiden
    Harmful Park
    Raiden Project
    Raiden DX
    Kyuiin
    70's Robot Anime Geppy X (looks sweet)
    R-type Delta
    Gunbare game Tengoku 2
    Geki-Oh Shooting King
    Gaia Seed : Project Seed Trap
    Bokan desu-yo
    Bakan to Ippatsu. Doronbo: Time Bokan Shirizu
    Ray Crisis
    G-Darius
    In the Hunt
    R-types
    Strikers 1945 II
    Thunder Force V: Perfect System
    Zanac X Zanac
    Jikkyo Oshaberi and sexy parodius
    Image Fight & X Multiply.

Eat your heart out Retr0:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

pdbhp wrote: »
    Here's my list that I'm gonna attempt to ge this year on PS1.

Don Pachi
    Do Don Pachi
    Einhander
    Gradius Gaiden
    Harmful Park
    Raiden Project
    Raiden DX
    Kyuiin
    70's Robot Anime Geppy X (looks sweet)
    R-type Delta
    Gunbare game Tengoku 2
    Geki-Oh Shooting King
    Gaia Seed : Project Seed Trap
    Bokan desu-yo
    Bakan to Ippatsu. Doronbo: Time Bokan Shirizu
    Ray Crisis
    G-Darius
    In the Hunt
    R-types
    Strikers 1945 II
    Thunder Force V: Perfect System
    Zanac X Zanac
    Jikkyo Oshaberi and sexy parodius
    Image Fight & X Multiply.

Eat your heart out Retr0:D

You forgot Raystorm and Thunderforce V is better on the saturn but other than that you seem to have gotten everything!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You forgot Raystorm and Thunderforce V is better on the saturn but other than that you seem to have gotten everything!

That was a typo as it is on my list to get;)

Edit: someone give me 800 Microsoft points for free so I can download Ikaruga. I demand Satisfaction!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

That was a typo as it is on my list to get;)

Edit: someone give me 800 Microsoft points for free so I can download Ikaruga. I demand Satisfaction!!

Actually I have 800 MS Points I finally got from the promotion they ran back in October. I was going to spend it on RB stuff, but there isn't a helluva lot on there, so might save it for Hard Corps or Radiant Silvergun / Bangai-O Arcade, whenever they decide to make their appearance.

I think at least Raiden II is on there, will have to do an image search as you have to work off boxart on the Japanese PSN. I also want to pick up Salamander, think one of them is on there too (PC engine version according to Wiki)?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You are better off with salamander collection on the Saturn or PSP. It has salamander, lifeforce (pretty much the same thing though) and Salamander 2 which is excellent.

Also Blast Corp for XBLA???? Please say this is true. It's probably the only Rare N64 game I actually have nothing but praise for!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You are better off with salamander collection on the Saturn or PSP. It has salamander, lifeforce (pretty much the same thing though) and Salamander 2 which is excellent.

Also Blast Corp for XBLA???? Please say this is true. It's probably the only Rare N64 game I actually have nothing but praise for!

Oh, oops sorry. Hard Corps is what I was thinking off :o

Apologies for your dashed hopes!

Oh, oops sorry. Hard Corps is what I was thinking off :o

Apologies for your dashed hopes!

Well thats Retr0's Christmas ruined:D

Ah I'll forgive him considering I'm a huge whore for Contra games :)

I'm a huge whore

True statement;)

• Advertisement

True statement;)

And how would you know that, may we - or more specifically, Sera - enquire?

On-topic: Rakugaki Showtime: worth a download? It is Treasure...

And how would you know that, may we - or more specifically, Sera - enquire?

Sera PM'd me his man whore price list:D

Edit: Treasure games are always worth a punt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,733 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Japanese PSN store has Einhander? :(

I only gave it an hour but it didn't impress me. Art style is excellent but it seems like a shallow smash bros. type game. Might be ok in multiplayer.
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Japanese PSN store has Einhander? :(

Yes. Get some japanese PSN points from ebay and thank me later. It really is worth it.

Settled on Raystorm, R Type Delta, Rakugaki Showtime (only one I had a chance to play, and sorry but it is a big old pile of WIN! Love it) and The Adventures of Little Ralph (which seems to have a pretty solid cult following online). Really wanted Harmful Park, but couldn't find it on there :(

Harmful Park is a great game. Looks gorgeous aswell since it's one of the few PS1 games in high res mode and probably the only one in 2D.

Little Ralph is a great game.

Advertisement