Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo company problem

Options
  • 13-01-2011 7:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭

Hello, I bought a lenovo laptop off their website around mid november and bought a extra year warranty for it. It then broke after about 2 weeks, and I rang to organise repair which they agreed and sorted out. They took my details and said the courier would collect it off me in a few days.

Few days passed and no phone call or collection. I phone lenovo and they said they will sort it out. Another few days went and same thing again.
    This repeated for a few weeks until about the week before Christmas.

I phoned lenovo and they said that the courier tried to collect it but it failed to reach my house, yet dell have come here before, my post gets here fine, and the adress i gave was right, and I got no phone calls on the 2 numbers I gave lenovo. They said they will definitely sort it out within a few days.

Fast forward to after new years, and same thing, nothing happened. I then phone and said I want a full refund immediately, and that the laptop be collected from my house. They said they would look into it and should be able to organise that, and that they would call me back the next day. They never did, and I waited a few extra days and nothing. I called back and demanded to know what is going on and they just put it off again and ive heard nothing since.

What can I do about this? I have a broken laptop that cost me €450 and a company that wont repair it or collect it or anything. Awful service I think. What can I do to get a refund or anything? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Small Claims Court, if they continue to ignore you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Put your complaint to them in writing. Be polite and courteous but clear and concise. Tell them what has happened, what you want and when you want it and that you'll go to the SCC if they don't take appropriate action. Also drop in how you are inconvenienced and annoyed by their poor response to your extended warranty contract.

http://www.lenovo.com/contact/uk/en/
    PS: you might like to ring their HQ and get a name to send the letter to (or even a fax number).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

When you ring them up you are escalating to speak to a manager right ? Have you asked to be directed to Customer Affairs ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Tech Guy Sligo

I have also had dealing with Lenovo.
    Here is my quick step guide to getting things sorted with them.

Step 01:
    Call: 01-881-1444
    Report issue, and ask the issue to be escalated, ask for the call reference
    Call ref should look like this: a2w7st3.
    If the lenovo rep does not want to escalate , hang up and ring again and repeat step 01, some reps are better them others.

Once escalated and you have the call ref, ask for the reps name and ask if you can send a written complaint to them.

Step 03
    Send written complaint including photos to frontoffice@uk.ibm.com

Subject: Attention (reps name) Call ref: (reference number)

Step 04
    go to:
    www.ibm.com/support/esC

Register online.
    -Place a request

in Customer problem number
    Customer call management
    system number field
    Place your call reference.

In this form put a short description of your problem and include you sent a email to front office. include your email and subject of the email.

Now you can fully track your issue and ref the the esc system.

IN regards to the courier, Lenovo use UPS.
    They are poor in area as UPS out source there service to smaller companies so there service varies in quality greatly through out Ireland.

If a arranged collection is organized ask for a UPS ref and contact UPS directly to see were the problem is. Maybe lenovo is not passing on your phone number to UPS.

If it does not work out from here you can use the ESC logs as evidence in the Small Claims Court.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

It really is so much work though to get a refund or repair at the least. I rang them again today asking why they didn't ring and they said the same as always, they said they will try and get it sorted by monday. I also asked to speak to the manager many times but they wouldn't but him on.
    I dont have time id say to do all that work in the post above, thanks alot for the info though. What would I need to get a refund through the small claims court? I never want to have to deal with this company again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement