Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting a solid fuel stove

• 13-01-2011 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Im planning on fitting a solid fuel stove with a back boiler to my house.
    The existing fire has an out of action back boiler that leaked so we changed to oil central heating which is fine nut we still light the fire. To me lighting the fire without a back boiler is a waste. My plan is install a soild fuel boiler with a back boiler and plumb it to the existing plumbing for the old back boiler in the fireplace. Does anybody have any experience of this? Any advice at all would be great.
    Thanks
    Murphy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Be sure to get an experienced plumber to do this job its not a diy job, its not just a case of connecting up two pipes like a back boiler, a stove runs at very high temperatures so if not done right can be very dangerous

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Replaced my working back boiler late last year with a stove, all I can advise is that the back boiler was fitted without a blow off valve (as pointed out by plumber) which was not correct so had one installed when putting in the stove.
    If your circulation pump fails and the pressure in the stove builds above a certain level the blow off valve engages and empties the water from the stove (circa 9L in my case), okay I'll have some water to contend with, but better than a stove littered across my sitting room!!

Advertisement