Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Somewhere cheap 3 days

• 13-01-2011 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭

My friend from where I live is 62 he has only left Ireland 4 times in his whole life as its his birthday in june could anybody tell me where I could bring him for 3 nights for a cheap price.. London, amsterdam, berlin, and like this that would suit...

any help would be appreciated..

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

Flights to Lisbon, Portugal are roughly €130 return and accommodation is one of the cheapest in Europe at the moment. A 2 bedroom apartment in the city centre can be got for €80 a night. It is a gorgeous city but some of the attractions involve walking so not sure about how a 62 year old would like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

thanks for the reply.. he wouldnt be too bad at walking so will have a look at it thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

I would say Krakow in Poland. Plenty to see and way different than Ireland. If he has not been away much try a place really different - change of language, culture and food etc and yet still nearby and cheap enough.

Go the salt mines and Auschwitz and enjoy the sights in the city.

Or Rome. Its more expensive but you cannot go wrong there. History on every street.

Advertisement