Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifeguard training Galway

Options
  • 13-01-2011 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Anyone know were this takes place in galway, and how to go about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I found this link in Swimming forum.
    www.connachtsafety.com

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

They do the courses in leisureland and you have to earn your rescue and safety series of badges. It takes some time but you could probably fasttrack slightly if you're a very strong swimmer. They're really fun courses though!

- just to say it was about 15 years ago I did it, it could be all different now!

Checked IWS site and seems to be still going: http://www.iws.ie/searchdbdetail-18578-8298.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Yes, they are still going on.
    Sunday morning 9:30 to 11 in Leisureland.
    Courses start in September and it takes three years to get all your certs. Its mostly teenagers doing it, so if you are "older" it might not be quite your scene ;)

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jumpingjacks

Try the kingfisher club in renmore or nuig they have lifeguard courses there I think, you wouldn't have to do the rescues as long as you could swim competently

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Don't bother with Leisureland one, takes way too long. I did mine in Claremorris, only took me 4/5 weeks, not altogether obviously. I ised to swim competitively though so I think I may have skipped one or two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

THFC wrote: »
    Don't bother with Leisureland one, takes way too long. I did mine in Claremorris, only took me 4/5 weeks, not altogether obviously. I ised to swim competitively though so I think I may have skipped one or two weeks.

That seems very short. How many hrs a week did you do for the 5 weeks?

Advertisement