Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal of Honor - Quick Question

Options
  • 13-01-2011 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I am thinking of getting MoH off someone... Was wondering do I have to pay for online and do I still get the old frontline game if he has activated the code? If I have to pay how much will it be?

Thanks,
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Why would you have to pay for online?

If he's all ready used the code you won't unlock the free online extras. But Frontline is just an install from the disk so you'll get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Why would you have to pay for online?

If he's all ready used the code you won't unlock the free online extras. But Frontline is just an install from the disk so you'll get that.

Nowadays EA especially make settings so you get one code per copy of the game for online... So if you sell it on the person who gets it has to pay money to get online again... It's a way for EA and that to make more money... I think I heard this was the case with MoH but I do not know..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Nowadays EA especially make settings so you get one code per copy of the game for online... So if you sell it on the person who gets it has to pay money to get online again... It's a way for EA and that to make more money... I think I heard this was the case with MoH but I do not know..

You get 7 days for free online with EA, Frontline is on the disk but needs to be installed but doesn't require a code.

Make sure you download the updates for it fixes the few issues it had at release.

Enjoy its a brilliant game i cant understand all the bad reviews it gets.

You get 7 days for free online with EA, Frontline is on the disk but needs to be installed but doesn't require a code.

Make sure you download the updates for it fixes the few issues it had at release.

Enjoy its a brilliant game i cant understand all the bad reviews it gets.

Dont think I will get it if theres only I only get 7 days for online free lol... I was mad for this game at launch but slowly lost interest in it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Dont think I will get it if theres only I only get 7 days for online free lol... I was mad for this game at launch but slowly lost interest in it..

You're not missing much tbh , single player is copy / paste of every other cod or bf etc etc in the last 18 months or so only not that good or even challenging. I finished it on the hardest setting in 2 nights, and I suck at these games.

The multiplayer actually kept my interest for the other 3 nights I had it on rental, wasn't the usual amount of muppets you get in MW2 for example. That said the hit boxes are bloody massive I was able to pistol shot guys from half way accross the map :pac:

You do get some days grace to play online so it's worth the 5 or 6 euro to rent but not to buy, if you do buy it pay 20-25 for it new , thats what it eas going for in argos a few weeks back.

• Advertisement

Is that on all platforms?

I'm on PS3 and I never came across anything like that...

Is that on all platforms?

I'm on PS3 and I never came across anything like that...

Its on PS3 anyways... But its only 2nd hand games and only came in to play last year... The likes of Fifa 11 I think you have to pay for online if you buy it 2nd hand unless the code aint been used..

Its on PS3 anyways... But its only 2nd hand games and only came in to play last year... The likes of Fifa 11 I think you have to pay for online if you buy it 2nd hand unless the code aint been used..

Interesting. Good to know for buying second hand games in the future. Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Interesting. Good to know for buying second hand games in the future. Thanks

I might be wrong, been a while since I was in GAME(Square), but I think they have stickers on some second hand games telling you to ask about online content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

I've read through this thread and I actually haven't found the answer??

If I buy the game second hand can I play online? If not, how much do you have to play in order to play online??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I've read through this thread and I actually haven't found the answer??

If I buy the game second hand can I play online? If not, how much do you have to play in order to play online??

If you buy the game second hand there are two possible outcomes

1. The previous owner didnt activate the code (quite possible as you can play for free for 7 days and MOH got traded in quite quickly in the first week or so)
    If this is the case you can then use the code to play online for free but the only way to find out is to buy the game and try the code.

2. The previous owner did use the code and as such the new owner will get the first 7 days to play online but then they will need to buy an activation code which costs 10euro's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

There's not much difference so.....

buy it new €35

buy it second hand €25 (plus €10) for the online code.

*xtra-vision*

Advertisement