Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais Name On Bill

Options
  • 13-01-2011 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Hoping someone has the answer.

Myself and my partner recently switched over to Bord Gais from the ESB for our electricity, we were with them already for the Gas.

The ESB bill and Bord Gais bill were in her name. When we switched over, at a stand in Dundrum, he asked if we wanted a second name on the account.

I said to put my name on it.

I'm no longer at the address and was wondering how simple it is to take my name of the bill.

Is it just a phone call?

I take it I only agreed to be a secondary name?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You have confused me a bit. You either wanted your name on the account or not. Anyway, a phonecall should sort it easily enough. It's no big deal to do a Change of Name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 starre

You are not a secondary name, you are equally responsible for the bill. So if it doesn't get paid it's your responsibility.

A phone call will take your name off of the bill, but you'll be responsible for it up to that date.

Advertisement