Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Paranormal Investigation.Ross Castle 19th Feb 2011

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Oryx wrote: »
    Where do you make out he is accepting of other stories? And why would any paranormal team need or want to know what others have reported or anecdotal stories about any venue? All they need to know is that weird stuff could happen. Their job is to record any such events or evidence, and only put together theories on the cause after the fact. To do so beforehand would be to go with a preconception and bias. Completely the wrong attitude to have, I would think.

For the first question see below. On the rest, I would personally find it a waste of time to check out a venue with no backgound over a venue with a rich background. My point earlier isn't that a place needs to have all the questions answered first, but rather I'd weigh my sources first; I wouldn't go investigate an old church if a load of religious folk had been claiming devil activity. Knowledge going in is only preconception and bias if you take it as unwavering solid fact which is something no PI should do regarding anything in their work; there's a bonus often to knowing what you are looking for. Then again, this all depends on why you are investigating in the first place. Some people just like to see if they get a bump in the night, some just want to have a laugh out of it, others like myself want to learn about what is supposedly going on and see if there is any truth behind it. So to clarify I'd see if the place is worth going to first; find objective sources and see briefly what's going. Then I'd investigate. Then I'd finalise my research based on the experience (or lack there-of); see if there's any reason why these things should be happening.
    Riamfada wrote: »
    You also may have missed this but I am a complete skeptic but I enjoy a good paranormal investigation and I also said I dont believe stories from any location without valid historical proof and used Leap as an example not as an exception to the exception to my rule.

Well then it's crossed wires. I was under the impression you were far from a skeptic, what with arranging a PI and having a very common and active presence on this part of the boards. My mistake. Clears a lot of things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Where do you make out he is accepting of other stories? And why would any paranormal team need or want to know what others have reported or anecdotal stories about any venue? All they need to know is that weird stuff could happen. Their job is to record any such events or evidence, and only put together theories on the cause after the fact. To do so beforehand would be to go with a preconception and bias. Completely the wrong attitude to have, I would think.

My thoughts exactly.
    riamfada, sorry for further derailment. :) You should pm those who clicked your poll, maybe they missed this.

Do please as I want to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Godless, some people choose to investigate claims of paranormal activity. Some choose to investigate ghost stories, there is a difference.

First, establish that a chair did infact move and maybe then look at the motivaion of whoever/whatever may have moved the chair.

For the record I am a professional storyteller of Irish folklore and mythology :D ... incase anone is interested :P

6th wrote: »
    Godless, some people choose to investigate claims of paranormal activity. Some choose to investigate ghost stories, there is a difference.

First, establish that a chair did infact move and maybe then look at the motivaion of whoever/whatever may have moved the chair.

I agree (check my clarification edit 22 minutes before you posted). To clarify my posts from page 2 as I have given people the wrong impression clearly; my point wasn't to find out everything about the site and then investigate, just to make sure the reported activity is worth pursuing. To me it seems a few people saying they saw a chair move is more likely not a haunting; I also think reports should be objective thus my earliest comment about Ross.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

so ar'ye comin' or wa?

• Advertisement

Riamfada wrote: »
    so ar'ye comin' or wa?

Would if I could but money is short and I'd have to travel a ways. Next time hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I'll go G man if you need numbers, there is no such thing as a ghost, but it's good to look anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Count me in!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

Howaya Graham.

I'm interested but will more than likely be a late addition, so if there's any space left the weekend before the investigation I may shout you about it. Work owe me one so I'm trying to get the weekend off but will only know closer to the date.

How's the mixing desk working out for ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

So. I'm gonna guess this is called off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Hi folks. Sorry to those who wanted to go but there is just not enough interest. Im going to email the castle tomorrow and cancel. The date is free if anyone wants it for their groups?

Advertisement