Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space Shuttle views from aircraft &parachute

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

Yeh, I've seen them all :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I would be paying particular attention to the contrail just to make sure it wasn't coming too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

If you subscribe to NASA's youtube channel they post the launch videos of all the shuttle and rocket launches including onboard footage and such. Also post videos of the ISS crew and many such thing.

Its pretty cool. Although after a while all the launches look the same...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The real pisser is that the shuttle is about to pass into history. I watched the last men leave the moon, I really don't fancy watching another backward step. :(

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

The replacement capsule is supposed to be more efficient and cheaper than the shuttle. Its also going to be similar to what could be used for another mission to the moon.

The shuttle is at this point almost 40 odd years old... Guess it is time for an update, a new form of space travel.

Though what the real tragedy is that Obama just cancelled the funding for the Constellation program because USA is broke.
    The Constellation program contained the plan for all the new space transport vehicles that would be used to travel to the moon by the year 2020. Looks like that's not gonna happen anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Fúck the moon and space. Take care of the planet we actually live on first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Fúck the moon and space. Take care of the planet we actually live on first.

Bollocks to that build a moonbase !!

Yeah, feck the planet! Lets migrate to moon and mars!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

moon pie........what a time to be alive!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Anybody else want to punch the guy talking in the first video?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

foinse wrote: »
    Anybody else want to punch the guy talking in the first video?

Holy Smokes!!! ....... :mad:

GIT!

Advertisement