Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonsilla

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭LeSageMignon

The boundaries/ official addresses around Dublin 15 are incredibly confusing. St Francis Xavier JNS for example is apparently Clonsilla, and the senior school's address (across the small school yard) is Castleknock. Not to cast aspersions on any area or the residents as I know that there are good and bad people everywhere but, in my opinion, if you like the Roselawn area you will not like living in Mountview. It's rather concrete and soulless and my experience of the residents there has not been pleasant. If you do wish to live around Roselawn or Clonsilla Village there are usually a few properties to rent but most residents there are home-owners who have lived there for 30, 40 or 50+ years. Your best bet would be the newer estates like Station Court, Windmill, Riverwood, Portersgate, etc. If you search by map view on Daft you'll see exactly where the available houses are rather than guessing based on confusing address systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Eh, I think Rory is think of parishes. So the parish of Blanch and the parish of Clonsilla. But a lot of what he has lumped into Blanchardstown is Castleknock, or to be correct, the barony of Castleknock.
    The Barony of Castleknock (Irish: Caisleán Cnucha) meaning "Cnucha's Castle"[1] is one of the baronies of Ireland, an historical geographical unit of land. It takes its name from the suburban village of the same name - Castleknock. The town with the biggest population in the barony is Blanchardstown.

It is one of seven and a half baronies that used to comprise the old County Dublin. It stretches from Cabra to Blanchardstown (from east to west) and from Finglas to Chapelizod (from north to south). It is located between the baronies of Coolock to the east, Upper Cross to the south and Newcastle to the southwest.[2] The whole of the barony is contained within the modern county of Fingal and it is subject to Fingal County Council.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barony_of_Castleknock

It seems that the barony of Castleknock covers a large area.
    Civil parish of Castleknock

Townlands in the civil parish of Castleknock: Baile an Aba/Abbotstown, Baile an Ásaigh/Ashtown, Baile an Chairpintéaraigh/Carpenterstown, Baile an Déanaigh/Deanestown, Baile an Diosualaigh/Diswellstown, Baile an Huntaigh/Huntstown, Baile an Phóirtéaraigh/Porterstown, Baile Bhlainséir/ Blanchardstown, Baile Mhistéil/Mitchelstown, Baile Pheiléid/Pelletstown, Baile Scriobail/Scribblestown, Baile Sheáin/Johnstown, An Chabrach/ Cabra(gh), Caisleán Cnucha/ Castleknock (incl. part of Phoenix Park), Ceapach/Cappoge or Cappagh, Cnoc na gCaorach/Sheephill, An Chorr Dhubh/Corduff, Dún Sinche/Dunsink, Páirc Anna/Annfield, Snugborough/Snugborough, Steach Gob/Astagob.[3].
    Civil parish of Chapelizod

Townlands in the civil parish of Chapelizod:

Civil parish of Cloghran

Townlands in the civil parish of Cloghran

Civil parish of Clonsilla

Townlands in the civil parish of Clonsilla:
    Gaelic English
    Baile an Bhearbóraigh Barberstown
    Baile an Bhlácaigh Blakestown
    Baile an Hartaigh Hartstown
    Baile Fiobail nó Páirc Hans Phibblestown or Hansfield
    Baile Lotrail Woodlands
    Baile Uí Cheallaigh Kellystown
    Cluain Saileach Clonsilla
    Cnoc an Sciobóil Barnhill
    Cúil Mhín Coolmine
    Gort na Giolcaí Broomfield
    Móinteán na gCaorach Sheepmoor
    Steach Gob Astagob
    Teach Chainnigh Castaheany

Civil parish of Finglas

Townlands in the civil parish of Finglas

Civil parish of Mulhuddart

Townlands in the civil parish of Mulhuddart

Civil parish of St. James'

Townlands in the civil parish of St. James'

Civil parish of Ward

Townlands in the civil parish of Ward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Personally I think it should be all done by townland. Barony is not useful, and parish is a religious boundary nothing to do with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

That will add a few quid on the price of the house :) Mulhuddart in Finglas? That will please them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I've lived in Clonsilla for the past 6 years. Generally happy enough with the place.

Tonight probably not the best night for a balanced review, as my 17 y/o stepson got mugged.

It's usually OK before 11pm though. They mostly come at night. Mostly... pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Lumen wrote: »
    I've lived in Clonsilla for the past 6 years. Generally happy enough with the place.

Tonight probably not the best night for a balanced review, as my 17 y/o stepson got mugged.

It's usually OK before 11pm though. They mostly come at night. Mostly... pac:

What part of Clonsilla Lumen?

amdublin wrote: »
    What part of Clonsilla Lumen?

I live in the Sorrel estates off Shelerin Road. He was jumped around Lohunda.

Guards said this is unusual, FWIW.

Despite this, I like Clonsilla. There's not much to eat or go out (to my tastes) so we go into town for that, but the schools are fine and it's a decent enough place to raise a family.

If I was 21 and single it would drive me insane. :)

That's desperate hope he's okay.

I like our choice of restaurants:
    Shimla
    Itallian in village
    Indian in ongar
    Clonsilla inn for bar food
    Douglas and kaldi
    Captain Americas
    TGIs
    Noodle place beside mamas and papas
    Eddie rocketts
    Chipper
    Clonee restos
    Cdowne plaza blanch
    Hotel in tyrellstown
    Tyrellstown cafe
    Dominos
    Pizza hut
    Starbucks (4? 5??)

Jeebs I eat out too much :D

Edit.
    Oh and let's not forget Auntie Annes in the towncentre!!!!

amdublin wrote: »
    That's desperate hope he's okay.

Thanks, couple of scratches and bruises. He kicked one of them in the face and managed to escape with his bike, so no material loss either.

Ah, the restaurants. Jaipur is nice enough, the Clonsilla chipper chips are great and Eddie Rockets classic with choc malt is heavenly death, but I've tried the rest and wouldn't bother to go back.

The biggest problem I have with D15 eating out is the prices. I can go into town and eat better for less.

Although there's a new Indian cafe next to Coolmine Decor that's got some very interesting stuff for not much money.

Haven't tried Douglas and Kaldi or Tyrellstown cafe yet, must do those.

Captain Americas. :eek:

Captain Americas

:D

For the cocktails :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Although there's a new Indian cafe next to Coolmine Decor that's got some very interesting stuff for not much money.

Captain Americas. :eek:

Sorry to hear about your stepson being mugged. Very shocking.

Must check out the new Indian Cafe, sounds interesting....

Captain Americas is not somewhere I enjoy eating......cocktails on the other hand.....well lets just say I am partial to a "tower" of alcohol!;)

Advertisement