Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VCH Jewellery

Options
  • 13-01-2011 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

So I just got my VCH pierced yesterday, and for the last couple of days have been nearly obsessively reading everything anyone I can find has to say about - and its come to my attention that there's seems to be a lot of scope experimenting with jewellery!

Now, I'm obviously not going to do anything til it's healed but I don't see the harm in exploring what I can get and possibly ordering ahead :D
    Now, unfortunately (and I should have learned by now about all of the expensive trial and error I had with my lip labret...) I was so stressed when I got it done that I didn't ask what gauge/length/balls are on my bar... (I really wish it could become standard practice everywhere to write down what they put in you... It always just slips my mind :( ) It won't be the end of the world if I get it a bit wrong? If I order them online I might order a bit of a variety, seeing as they are just so so much cheaper than buying them in a shop.
    I won't be able to tell til the swelling goes down I suppose whether the bar I have is the right length or not (although I'm not going to know what length that is ><) But from pictures I've seen it seems to be most common to have lower ball coming out from under the hood? Does that mean not on the clitoris itself or do I seem to have slightly different anatomy to others?

I find it funny that I've wanted this for years and it's only now I've actually gotten it I seem to have become a bit obsessed with the stimulation part :rolleyes:
    Do you have a bigger ball on the top than the bottom for example?

I'd love to hear anyones experiences on experimenting with their jewellery! I get the impression that while some piercers seem to have 'gotten it right' off the bat (honestly mine didn't really spend any time on that, and when she suggested possibly going for somet more blingy I was already on the table and panicking slightly lol), that jewellery can offer a lot of potential for fun :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

If you opted for titanium jewellery you could get it anodized crazy colours :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 kitsuune

That sounds insane, never heard of it!
    And yep, that's about the only thing I did gather - that it's a titanium curved barbell :rolleyes:
    But I think I can put anything in it that's designed for a naval piercing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Well you could if you wanted but i'd say some things would be more comfortable than others e.g anything that dangles I imagine is a no go. Let it heal anyway and then see where your imagination takes you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Normally when I pierce a VCH, I use a 10mm long curved barbell with 6mm balls on either end. After initial healing, and being honest, you shouldn't experience much, if any swelling, then I normally recommend changing to a navel bar with the larger ball resting on the head of the clitoris. You can get some nice jewellery with jewelled balls top and bottom and you can colour co-ordinate the jewels with your clothes/ underwear/ other jewellery.

Ah, cheers for that Pierced Off! You've confirmed my estimations.
    This should be a lot more rewarding/straight forward than trying to get the right bar/ball for my lip which was quite an ordeal!

And Will I came across an awesome looking barbell with anodised balls :
    http://www.crazy-factory.com/product_info.php?products_id=1037
    Looks to be a pretty big kink on the bar though so it probably wouldn't really work out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

I'm planning on getting a VCH next so was asking my usual piercer about it last weekend. Apparently different size jewellery = different types of stimulation. Can't remember exactly what he was saying, but I think it was that a smaller lower ball will be more intense? Probably someone on here who already has it done, & has changed their jewellery around a few times, will know what he meant!
    Hope you enjoy your new piercing, can't wait to get mine done! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Normally it's a larger ball due to weight and size. However if you can fine a navel bar thats more disc shaped, ie imagine a UFO on the end of the bar, then thats perfect as the size and shape mimics the pad of a thumb.

Kitsuune, just wondering how you've gotten on with your VCH jewellery purchasing? I finally got my VCH done this week, and will just wear the plain silver coloured titanium bar for the next 6 weeks, but would like to change for something a bit more colourful once I'm well healed. It'll have to be plain-ish I guess, piercer advised me to stay away from anything with stones set in (because of bacteria breeding behind the stones etc...)

Have you experimented much with different size / shapes?

Did you find anywhere in Ireland that has a good range suitable for VCH? Or did you have to buy online? Crazy Factory looks like it's got nice colourful stuff.

Hope you're enjoying the piercing ;)

Hey shortie, yeah I did actually!
    Atm I have this one in http://www.crazy-factory.com/product_info.php?products_id=3252 in 12mm length. I'm finally really happy with it. The one I got it pierced with was just a bit small and I found it was always near my clit and getting ab it uncomfortable to be honest! I had a straight one in for a few days that worked out quite well as well, its just that the ball I had to try out with it was 8mm and was way too big!
    Made a big difference to get the longer bar! Tends to look a lot better when you can see the bigger ball dangle at the bottom. And I'll bear in mind what you said about the jewels... but they're very pretty :)

I'd def go with Crazy Factory because you're able to get so so much stuff for pretty cheap. I find with all my piercings I have a lot of trial and error before I find what's just right.
    This one looks great though, and apart from tight pants its no problem at all!

Hi Kitsuune, thanks for the recommendation! I'm not even sure what bar I've got in at the moment (think it's just straight), will have to get it written down when I go back for a check up, & see what gauge I'm wearing.

I agree, the jewelled balls are the prettiest; maybe it's not too bad to wear jewelled every now & then, & dump them after a while (since they're not outrageously priced), and plain titanium the rest of the time. Looking forward to the trial & error stage :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement