Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal Tri's Duathlon Series, open for entry.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭tinydave

tunney wrote: »
    I thought it was a well marshalled race and I was impressed at the number of volunteers.

On a separate note is there a contact email address for the race organiser? Unrelated to anything discussed on this thread.

i think we had 32/33 volunteers marshaling in the race and 3 of them were not club members so all was good :)

races@fingaltri.ie and the race director can pick up the mail there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

I enjoyed the race even if my run fitness made the uphill a bit of a struggle, road surface wasn't great in places, but what you gonna do, we live in Ireland, very well marshalled, great to see draft busters out on the course, and at the pointy end of the race, event was very friendly, ran smoothly, nice after race food/drinks, a lot going for it, I would race again. Anything you could do to further split the field, like make the first run 4/5km?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

If I was to do the next race I would do a few things differently. I would be lighter, I would wear a heavier runner. I would have practised short course transitions and stay on course on the bike. more importantly I'd sit off the back on the bike (legally or illegally - probably illegally) and wait for T2 and then run with fresh legs. One minute for drafting - cheers, I'll take that.
    what does this entail and why would it help the run?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I thought it was a well marshalled race and I was impressed at the number of volunteers.

If I was to do the next race I would do a few things differently. I would be lighter, I would wear a heavier runner. I would have practised short course transitions and stay on course on the bike. more importantly I'd sit off the back on the bike (legally or illegally - probably illegally) and wait for T2 and then run with fresh legs. One minute for drafting - cheers, I'll take that.

On a separate note is there a contact email address for the race organiser? Unrelated to anything discussed on this thread.
    You left out shaving your legs btw:D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jcunniffe

adamski8 wrote: »
    what does this entail and why would it help the run?

It means, he'd chill out on the bike and draft off the back of the train with his HR 10-15beats below what it was on Sunday, take his 1 minute drafting penalty and then kick ass on the run.

Which is why 1 minute is never a sufficient penalty in such a case.

J

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

jcunniffe wrote: »
    It means, he'd chill out on the bike and draft off the back of the train with his HR 10-15beats below what it was on Sunday, take his 1 minute drafting penalty and then kick ass on the run.

Which is why 1 minute is never a sufficient penalty in such a case.

J
    ah i thought it was a way of leaning back on the seat :o
    i take it if people keep drafting surely they can get multiple drafting 1min penalties no?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

You'd think. But it seems not

Hi Lads,
    Just a quick note to say that the last race is on this Saturday and its starting at 10am instead of 11am
    Hope to see a few of you there!
    Drafting is on the main watch list this week, with a shoot to kill policy in full affect* :D
    ok maybe not shoot to kill!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

Looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

nomadic wrote: »
    Looking forward to it.

+1

• Advertisement

I hope to see you all on Saturday but I've no idea if I actually managed to enter successfully. Man that RunIreland site is so bad. I don't understand why race organisers use it -are the commissions that much less than something like ActiveEurope?

I hope to see you all on Saturday but I've no idea if I actually managed to enter successfully. Man that RunIreland site is so bad. I don't understand why race organisers use it -are the commissions that much less than something like ActiveEurope?

Email races@fingaltri.ie and get him to confirm if you have entered and explain what happened.
    Hope to see you saturday, I will be the one squeezed into a fingaltri trisuit:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭RobBaxter

Can you register on the day? When is the closing date for registration given that you're already a member of triathlonireland??

RobBaxter wrote: »
    Can you register on the day? When is the closing date for registration given that you're already a member of triathlonireland??

Howaya rob,
    Give races@fingaltri.ie a mail and see if he can do anything for you, entries closed yesterday, I'm sure he can sort something out for you :-)

tinydave wrote: »
    Howaya rob,
    Give races@fingaltri.ie a mail and see if he can do anything for you, entries closed yesterday, I'm sure he can sort something out for you :-)

Thanks Dave.

Couldn't get an entry. Called the guy running the show. Race has reached it's full capacity!

If anyone wants to sell their entry or can't go please PM me and I will buy your entry from you.

Cheers,
    Rob

RobBaxter wrote: »
    Couldn't get an entry. Called the guy running the show. Race has reached it's full capacity!

If anyone wants to sell their entry or can't go please PM me and I will buy your entry from you.

Cheers,
    Rob
    <poopy hat>
    No race transfer requests for races that don't allow transfers
    </poopy hat>

My entry was sorted by the lads in Fingal - cheers. Now if only they could clear my tummy bug.........

<poopy hat>
    No race transfer requests for races that don't allow transfers
    </poopy hat>

My entry was sorted by the lads in Fingal - cheers. Now if only they could clear my tummy bug.........

alright so Garda leonard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Enjoyable race, well run and well marshalled. The road surface in parts was bad but hey it's Ireland!! That hill was a real lung buster and coming down the second time was fun. Did not witness any drafting going on, it goes to show changing from a 1 to a 2 min penalty acts as a deterent.

Great race again. No drafting this time out and great marshalling. The hill was a beast for most people, even Laura Casey had to walk up it.

Interesting to compare bike splits from this one and the last one:rolleyes:.

results
    http://chipit.ie/admin/admin/editor.php?action=read&id=202

• Advertisement

Great race again. No drafting this time out and great marshalling. The hill was a beast for most people, even Laura Casey had to walk up it.

Interesting to compare bike splits from this one and the last one:rolleyes:.

results
    http://chipit.ie/admin/admin/editor.php?action=read&id=202

Wow fancy that - the "I wasn't drafting brigade" were 1-2 minutes slower........ Strange that.

I had heard that your man Cian was likely to take it out, his first season in the sport I'm told.

Did your bug not clear up?
    Wow fancy that - the "I wasn't drafting brigade" were 1-2 minutes slower........ Strange that.
    Yea, must have been a stronger wind or something today.

I had heard that your man Cian was likely to take it out, his first season in the sport I'm told.

He lead it from the start, bit of a savage.

Did your bug not clear up?

Yea, must have been a stronger wind or something today.

He lead it from the start, bit of a savage.

Yeah it's his first season in triathlons etc, he came from gaa background ! He is a savage, he was well ahead from the start, he even walked a bit on the hill!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

tinydave wrote: »
    Yeah it's his first season in triathlons etc, he came from gaa background ! He is a savage, he was well ahead from the start, he even walked a bit on the hill!!:eek:

What age is Cian?

PWEI wrote: »
    What age is Cian?

28:eek:

Advertisement