Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stair na Gaeilge?

• 13-01-2011 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Right what is actually needed to be learned? literally everything?
    the way my notes are its a really really really thick booklet split up into different sections with numbers and then headings.. do you get asked just to write a number and then write out everything of that topic? anybody have any idea of the marking scheme either?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

All the marking schemes are on examinations.ie.
    Our teacher said basically 3-4 points on any topic asked. We are not doing it but were interested to find out what was needed. Sounds pretty concise as a course if someone goes through past questions and works out patterns but I could be very wrong there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

All the marking schemes are on examinations.ie.
    Our teacher said basically 3-4 points on any topic asked. We are not doing it but were interested to find out what was needed. Sounds pretty concise as a course if someone goes through past questions and works out patterns but I could be very wrong there.

Why are you not doing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

What I did was learn off a few poets (3-4 points on them each) Only one of them came up.
    Theres a few other good aul reliables you can learn also.

Beware they printed an identical question 2 years in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

I'm in 5th year, not on my course.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

What I did was learn off a few poets (3-4 points on them each) Only one of them came up.
    Theres a few other good aul reliables you can learn also.
    w.

The poets are really confusing though, it's so easy to mix them up, plus doen't you have to do another question along with the poets one? (It's 2 out 5/6)

OP, Personally I'd say it's easier to avoid the poets completely and just learn Stair na Teanga + Litríochta. At least you can waffle a bit more on them.
    My teacher + grinds teacher said not to learn them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement