If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seperate surround systems

Options
  • 13-01-2011 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

John / Dave ....

I'm one of the lucky 10 waiting for the Philips 21:9 and am looking for a blu ray surround system to match up to it.

Ryanno was telling me about his Denon and Monitor set up and I'd be interested in getting something similar. Especially as Ash's recommending the Monitor silvers too, I think they'd work a treat.

The room the set will be going into is about 15foot by 8 foot and I'll be sitting 12 - 13 foot from the screen (Ryanno said room size was a deciding factor).

Can you give me an idea of what my options from Richersounds would be and the costs?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Raffeal wrote: »
    John / Dave ....

I'm one of the lucky 10 waiting for the Philips 21:9 and am looking for a blu ray surround system to match up to it.

Ryanno was telling me about his Denon and Monitor set up and I'd be interested in getting something similar. Especially as Ash's recommending the Monitor silvers too, I think they'd work a treat.

The room the set will be going into is about 15foot by 8 foot and I'll be sitting 12 - 13 foot from the screen (Ryanno said room size was a deciding factor).

Can you give me an idea of what my options from Richersounds would be and the costs?

Thanks

Raf,

apologies for the delay on the 21:9 - they were promised to us prior into Christmas however as Philips are doing a MAJOR logistics change including relocating all their storage/logistics and sales interfaces (back into Ireland from the UK - this is fab news both for us as Philips consumers and of course for the local economy) so in the turmoil we never received them and they are now promised for next week - apologies again for the delay!

Anyway onto the AV system - if you are looking at MA Silver series - you just cannot go wrong - however I would also say have a look at the APEX series - these are really extremely high quality compact speakers priced broadly similiar to the silver series and they work really well as dedicated AV systems and they are really stylish and significantly more compact than the Silver RX series - have a look at the review here: http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Monitor-Audio-Apex/ This system works F A N T A S T I C A L L Y with the Denon AVR2311 or the 3311 and I'll happily offer you a super ;);) nudge nudge Boardie deal if you were interested???

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Raffeal

Hey John,

Thanks for getting back to me, the MA APEX series look great but are well out of my budget.

I'm looking to get something like Ryanno's system or maybe a 1 box system for Onkyo or Dennon

That said if you can cut me a deal maybe I can stretch myself a little.

On the Phillips TV front I was expecting to see the tv this week or at least to get an update by this stage but I've heard nothing more. Can you shed any light on the situation for me?

John,

Following on from my last post I was looking at a TX-SR608 today with some Jamo speakers and was very impressed, I have a prices for a player, av unit and speakers and was wondering what you could do for me.

the speakers I was looking at were the Jamo S602, C400DA and SUB210.

Was also looking at the denon and sony units and was very impressed.

I'm looking for a good midrange package to match up the the philips tv which I'm hoping will arrive soon.

Raf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Raf.

Just following up on this after coming back from illness.

The Jamo speakers that you are looking for, we don't stock and unfortunately we can't get.

There are some great Denon receivers on offer at the moment and I personally would have to recommend them as I think the build and sound quality are excellent for the prices.

Was there something about the Jamo speakers that grabbed you ?

ATB

Dave

HI Dave,

There was nothing specific about the Jamo's that grabbed me they were just what was on offer.

I've since had another look around and have been looking at the denon (1911 and 2311) and Onkyo (608) units as well as the MA speakers.

I came across the Monitor Audio BR2-AV for £650 (excluding shipment charges, quoted approx £50) from http://www.vickers-hifi.co.uk, they have some Marantz and Pioneer AV units which they say would suit the speakers.

I'm looking for a solid mid range system that I don't have to build up. I don't want to be looking to upgrade in the immediate future. I've looked at some of the smaller system options like the Boston SOUNDWARE XS but think I'd end up upgrading so it wouldn't be a good fit for me.

Can you recommend something?

• Advertisement

Hi Raffael.

I could do the new version of that pack which is the BX2 AV. This features the newer BX2 speakers, BXFX rears, BX LCR and BXW10 subwoofer. We would normally sell this for £960 but if you were looking at this pack with the excellent Marantz NR1601 (£399.95), I could do the lot including delivery for £1170.00.

We can also do the NR1501 or the Pioneer AVR920 or any other receiver that grabs you, but that NR1601 is amazing and works better with the Monitor Audio speakers than the Pioneer would.

This is the type of pack that won't need an upgrade down the line as the receiver is 3D ready and the speakers are not long out and are winning awards all over the place.

Let me know what you think or if you get a better price.

Cheers

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me, vickers don't have the new MA's at that price, the BX's look great alright.

I've been looking at the onkyo's (608 & 808), the denon 1911 or 2311 and have just been recommended the Yamaha RX-V2067. Can you get these and do you think they're a good match for the MA's.

I'm going to need a player too, I was PM'ing John ref this as I'd held on for a Philips 21:9 he was going to do me a deal.

Can you recommend a player and cables too.

Thanks

Raf

bump

Hi Raff.

Sorry, not sure how I missed this one.

We currently stock the 608 and can order in the 808.

Normally we stock the AVR1911 although I'm out of stock at present and I do have the AVR2311. The Yamaha is also one that we keep but both the 808 and the Yamaha are in a very different league compared to the others.....in performance and price.

Player wise, the Philips BDP7500 B2 at £199.95 is a brilliant buy.

If I was matching receivers with those Monitor Audio, the Marantz NR1601, AVR2311, Onkyo 608 in that order and if you are looking to spend more, then the Yamaha is a cracker.

It all depends on the budget.

Let me know what way you are thinking and I can requote with a different receiver if you prefer.

Are you looking to get a 21:9 also ?

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.