Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal Waste Charges

Options
  • 13-01-2011 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I moved into a house in the Fingal CoCo area recently. I'm confused about the waste charges.

I've been putting out the black bin and it has been getting collected so far. It has the annual sticker on it which is expired now and we got the renewal for the fixed annual fee, €110.

So I've been looking over the Fingal CoCo website and it seems to indicate that you're supposed to pay the €110 annual charge but ALSO get a bin tag costing €8 every time you put the bin out?

Is that right, or is it just that you have the option to pay the €110 OR use the €8 bin tags for each lift?

Like I said we've been putting out the black bin just with the €110 annual sticker on it, but with no €8 tags and it has been getting emptied. So I'm just really confused and the website doesn't make it clearer in any way at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

You are very lucky to get the bin emptied without the tag.

The fee covers the 3 bins Green, Brown and Black with the €8 euro tag to be put on the black bin every time you put it out for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Thanks for the info.

Yeah seems unusual that our bin has been getting collected for the last few months without the tag on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Tails142 wrote: »
    Yeah seems unusual that our bin has been getting collected for the last few months without the tag on.

I know when I was with Fingal CoCo for collection, there was once or twice where I had a full bin but forgot to buy the tag, so stuck it out and hoped for the best and it was indeed emptied. I suspect the fact the annual sticker was in place and valid helped my case. I am not sure if there was no tag, and no/invalid sticker whether they would continue to collect it?

I've since moved to Panda, cheaper annual fees, cheaper black bin charge, and no more worrying about tags. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Charlies Angel

When you moved to Panda from Fingal, did you have to buy a new wheelie bin? Or can you still use the ones Fingalcoco supplied, or do Panda supply news ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭john t

Panda will provide you with new bins..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

We haven't got our Fingal 2011 sticker yet - so I think they will still empty bins for a while yet. Obviously the collectors are giving everyone a break if they have failed to spot no tags!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Benjy

This from the Fingal Co.Co website

The Waste Charges Bills will issue in early January 2011.

Your existing stickers marked December 2010 are valid until the February 2011 payment due date and will secure bin collection until then.

https://secure.fingalcoco.ie/epayments.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Anybody not get their Fingal stickers yet? I paid on the 14th of Feb & still haven't received them. Today I had to print off my receipt and sellotape it to my green bin. :(

Advertisement