Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to Do

Options
  • 13-01-2011 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

I've booked a weekend in Ballymote for a group of people, mid-thirties, in May and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on things to do in the area. We'll have cars so will be fully mobile. For evenings we'd eat in Temple House one night but wondered if there was anywhere else nice for the second evening? Any good pubs in the town? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭jt69er

I've booked a weekend in Ballymote for a group of people, mid-thirties, in May and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on things to do in the area. We'll have cars so will be fully mobile. For evenings we'd eat in Temple House one night but wondered if there was anywhere else nice for the second evening? Any good pubs in the town? Cheers.

not a lot to do in Ballymote!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Eagles Flying?

Spot of fishing?

Not sure about pubs, but there's plenty.

But it has to be asked...

Why Ballymote?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Ha, thanks for the answers.

Temple House is in Ballymote and just wanted a relaxing weekend away, heard great things about it. I appreciate there's not that much to do in the town but hoped there might be someone able to give good PR on pubs and maybe even a place to eat. Is it a very small town - I don't know too much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dr.shephard

My mother used to say,
    "Ballymote is full of snobs and scumbags, no middle ground"

Personally I know very little about it was only in it a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Here is the link to the eagles flying

http://www.eaglesflying.com/

I've been meaning to go to that for ages myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭nearly

Friday night I just noticed Seamie O'Dowd is playing at http://www.barryspublichouse.com/

Would be worth the drive. I hear he is a legend, and my husband and I are thinking of going as well. Should be very good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭CityMan2010

Perrys is in Ballymote, on main Street..Perry's everytime..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭CityMan2010

...Could'nt resist, there is, or was, an irritating ad on local radio for Perrys...seriously though...enjoy the country, go walking, nature spotting, bird watching..enjoy the relaxation of the house and gardens and enjoy each others company, play charades, chat in the pub....failing that, get in the car and drive somewhere...there is very little else to do in Ballymote...enjoy.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNBk4MP1PHw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28YkQCoss00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Are you staying in Ballymote ? Temple House is about 5 miles away so if your getting a Taxi book a return journey, I live pretty close to Ballymote Tighes Pub would be my choice if heading for a pint in the town. It can be hard to get a Taxi out of Ballymote at night so have one booked if your not staying in the Town. Make sure you catch Eagles Flying it is really worth it. Nice little cafe in the middle of the town after opening called B2 , they do an evening menu also but not 100% if they have a wine list, nowhere else really short of going to Tubbercurry or Sligo. There are a lot of little pubs to go exploring around , the corner house can be a bit mad and generally packed at night, has a bit of a bad rep but there has to be one in every town, its good crack in there for pool and sports.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Perrys is in Ballymote, on main Street..Perry's everytime..:)

FCUK YA!

I have that gammy song on my mind now, will probably be singing it in my sleep :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Yenoor10

The state of Ballymote. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ems_12

+100 to Eagles Flying, and if Seamie O'Dowd is playing def try to catch him.

There's a golf course just outside Ballymote, and if you fancy driving to Riverstown there's some clay pigeon shooting. Also "Sligo Folk Park" in Riverstown, I've never been so can't say if it's good or not! (does anyone know when the vintage festival is on?)

Ballymote used to have a farmers market also but not sure if it's still around....

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭NecroSteve

I've lived in Ballymote for years and still can't find anything to do. It's pubs or nattin'! Love the county as a whole though. Get out and about loads is my advice.

So much more... You pay less... ARGH!

Advertisement