Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Interest Relief

Options
  • 13-01-2011 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello all, I have a question and I hope someone out there knows the answer. Two years ago I bought a site, a year later I built a house on this site. One mortgage is a tracker and the other fixed. I am receiving interest relief on the site but not the house as I'm being told you can only get relief in one mortgage. Is this true? Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

theirish wrote: »
    I am receiving interest relief on the site but not the house as I'm being told you can only get relief in one mortgage. Is this true?

Yes, that is correct. You can only get tax relief on one mortgage. Further info should be available on revenue.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 theirish

Cheers for the reply, I just wondered could they be amalgamated into one mortgage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

Not entirely true, you can get TRS on more than one mortgage account is they are for the same property and presuming you are not at the max amount on one mortgage.

People often have main mortgage plus top ups and once all were for house they can be eligible for TRS. Check with revenue.

Advertisement