Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help needed changing name on electricity bill ???

• 13-01-2011 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hope someone can help
    I was living with my mother until she went into a nursing home at the end of last year, the house was signed over in2 my name a number of years ago but the electric bill stayed in her name as she was recieving the home welfare package, i am also entitled 2 this as i am on disability but when i went to apply by myself was told i would have to change it in2 my own name at a cost of 300 euro as i would be a new customer !! Can this really be true ? or is their a way around this ?

All help appreciated thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lol26

Yep it's true, my bf bought a hse with his cousin about 6 years ago and the esb was in his cousin's name, when my bf bought him out in '08, the esb wanted 300 from him too, he refused to pay it so they said if he paid by DD he wouldnt have to pay the 300!! It's crazy!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭futurefarmer

what i was thinking was because i qualify for the home welfare package surely i wouldnt have 2 pay it ? me being innocent obviously lol i will call into citizens information tomorrow see what they can do, i wonder if i changed from ESB to Bord Gais would i still have 2 pay ?

Thanks for the reply, playin on my mind a lil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

it's a deposit. You can use some one else as a gurantor. Try one of the other companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

I moved into a house and ESB automatically sent a letter asking for my details so they could bill me. No connection fee. I think ted1 is right, it's only a deposit for people who don't pay by DD. It they tried to charge a connection fee, say you'll pay it but you won't stay with ESB, that should change their tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

FF.

Do as was suggested,set up a direct debit and there will be no 300 charge.

this is common practice by ESB. absolutely nothing to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭futurefarmer

Thanks for the replies
    Bord Gais dont need a deposit but it doesnt get taken off the bill it gets paid through the post office ! should i be worried about this ? is it the very same as u get if ur with ESB ? anyone any experience changing ?

Thanks again ppl

Advertisement